Help for Son

Old 04-27-2010, 01:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help for Son

My 24 yo son is in jail, dug himself one good hole. He is in violation of probation(CDS, larceny, conceling stolen property), and now charged with impersonating another, larceny. My hope is to find him a treatment center that he can be court ordered to instead of going to prison. It would have to be a non profit or state funded program, as I have depleted myself financially dealing with two addict children for the past several years. My 21 yo son is stipulated by the court to Cenikor, Ft. Worth, he has been there 11 months and is doing great. They can't go to the same facility. Does anyone know of another facility such as Cenikor in the Oklahoma or surronding states area? Your help will be appreciated.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The Salvation Army has excellent programs and they don't charge anything. They are available all over Canada and the United States, so maybe check with them to see what might be in your area.

I'm sorry about your son, and know your pain.

Hugs
Old 04-27-2010, 01:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This link will give you more information regarding your area and contact numbers.

Salvation Army ARC Oklahoma — ChooseHelp.com
Old 04-27-2010, 08:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

how are things today, ozcat?
Old 04-28-2010, 05:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Today

I'm ok. My son keeps calling from jail, and I decline the calls, trying to get a list of facilities ready to give him before I talk to him again. My mom passed away last week, my son has to live with that he didn't see her in the last few months, and she was totally disgusted with his behavior, she loved him dearly, but he had used, stolen from, and worn both my parents out. It is a sad situation. But I have faith in God that my son will come back to us, as the loving son and grandson we once knew, Mom just won't get to witness it.
Thank you so much for asking.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The Collect Phone call

I just accepted the collect phone call, I have a few numbers of facilities I wanted to give my son, he didn't have anything to write with. He just kept saying, get me out. I talked about how he needed to have a place to go when he got out. He just repeated, get me out. I tried to tell him I think it's in his best interest to be there until he has a place to go, and the judge agrees to it. He just wants out. I don't know, but think it is probably driven by the drug. I know jail can't be a pleasant place, but I'm afraid he would get into more trouble if he were out, or jump bail, since he is possibly facing prison time. It hurts. I ended up having to hang up, before the 15 minutes was up, I said "I love you" and hung up.
I continue to have faith in God, He is the answer.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this, ozcat. If I may, I would like to stress one thing to you, and that is....do NOT bail him out. Please don't try to cushion his fall. He needs to face the consequences of what he has done. That is some fairly serious stuff and unless he faces the full consequences, he won't learn anything. I know how hard it is, but this place is full of stories of parents who tried to help their children avoid the penalties and it very, very rarely ever works out well. Hang in there. He did the crime, so he needs to pay the price.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks

Suki,
Oh, I know, I've bailed him out before, heard all the promises. My heart wants to believe, but my head knows. After dealing with this with both my sons for the past several years, I've learned way more than I ever wanted to know about addiction. I know right now, he might even believe what he is saying, and promising, but the minute he was out, and got around an old bud, or had a bad day, or got bored, there he would go. I know in jail, where he is, that he isn't using, and he's alive, and there is hope. And he can't commit any more crimes that will cause him further damage. I love him so much, and this tough love thing took me a long time to get, and it is toughest on me, but I do it for him.
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I have needed a place to share and so blessed I found this one, I don't talk much about it to coworkers, or even some friends, because if they haven't experienced it they have no clue, and many are very judgemental. I even had a medical doctor, ask me how it happened that both my sons were addicts, since in his words "YOU come from such a good family" said in a very condesending tone, needless to say, he's not my doc any more. Again, thank you and may God bless you.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Court Odered Facilities

I'm still trying to compile a list of facilities that will except court ordered clients for my son, the Salvation Army will only take in person applicants, and I don't want to bail him out to do that. It has to be a facility that will take collect calls and let him apply on the phone. It has to be a work program or state funded, in the OK or surronding states area. I can pay an entrance fee if not to much. If anyone knows of a place please provide the info...
Thanks.