Thinking

Old 04-16-2010, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thinking

Last night I started to really think about what I wanted. I realized i have been sacrificing a lot for my marriage. I have stayed at a job I hate because of the money so we can have a better life. I have not spent money on myself while he did so we can buy a better house..
So I started applying to other jobs that were more to my liking. I got excited about this prospect. And a few people have called me already. One person sounds very interested and its in the same area I work in now and they are offering more money. I guess you never know but I am excited to do more things for myself without having to think of someone else's needs..
Old 04-16-2010, 08:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

that sounds great Lulu, fingers crossed!
Old 04-16-2010, 08:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yay Lulu!!! This is just the beginning...HP's got more in store for you
Old 04-16-2010, 08:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're doing much more than thinking! I think the title of this thread should be "taking action." Way to go!

L
Old 04-16-2010, 10:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow..you are all so right. I forgot how good I am at my job and all my accomplishments. I have 3 appts for jobs on Tuesday. Everyone seems to be very excited to meet me and have complimented me on my success. Why didnt I ever realize this?
I guess at one point I used to know this about myself but I lost that feeling of confidence.
I dont even care if I get any of these jobs..just hearing how much my resume is appreciated is good enough for me.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It is amazing what we discover - what we notice - when we forcibly take our focus off someone else's needs and put it onto our own dreams. I'm listening to a book on disk this morning and he just - literally just now, before i read your post -- voiced these three questions:
Am I following my heart and being true to myself?
Is my life focused on being true to me?
Am I being the person I want to be in the world?

Old 04-16-2010, 10:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
It is amazing what we discover - what we notice - when we forcibly take our focus off someone else's needs and put it onto our own dreams. I'm listening to a book on disk this morning and he just - literally just now, before i read your post -- voiced these three questions:
Am I following my heart and being true to myself?
Is my life focused on being true to me?
Am I being the person I want to be in the world?

GiveLove
I couldnt agree more. Yesterday and today was such an eyeopener. I realized I adapted my stbxah's thinking. He would stay miserable whereever no matter what. I was never like that. If I was unhappy in my job I would try to change at work or move onto something else. And I have been stuck for so long. I havent been true to myself. At all. And I cant blame him for this. I allowed this to suck the life out of me. Not only the job but other things too. Today..I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. There are possibilities out there. And I can make good changes for myself. Even if I fail I can make other changes. I chose to stay where I am because it was good for us..good for when we had a baby etc. But that didnt happen so my years of misery did nothing for me. Like you mentioned. I wasnt being true to myself. I want to make a commitment to myself that I will always be true to myself going forward. Thanks for sharing this Givelove..
Old 04-16-2010, 10:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It seems like there are some people in the world who have a fundamental inability to be happy, as well as a talent for dragging other people down--forcibly at times, into their misery. That was my X. He constantly viewed the world with horror and disappointment, often seeing himself as a victim of circumstances and people. I got sooo concerned with trying to lift him out of his misery that before I knew it, I forgot to be happy myself. Thank goodness that part of my life is over!