Why would I feel guilty about this?

Old 04-07-2010, 02:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
aka Glenna :)

Why would I feel guilty about this?

My 3-year-old daughter is coming home this weekend to stay with me after 4 months at her aunt's while I got things in order (aka--leaving AH and getting my own place with a room for her). Everyone is very excited including her two brothers, 11 and 7.

The problem is, AH's mother clued AH in to the fact that our daughter is coming back, and now he is demanding his rights as a father and time with her to whoever will listen. Of course, he does nothing to support her and was not really much of a father to her when she lived with him.

He's making it all about himself and getting his feelings hurt, and I'm trying as hard as I can not to play into that and stay out of it completely. However, I feel guilt over keeping her away creeping in and want to squash it now before it gets out of control. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You shouldn't feel guilty. You aren't the only one to ever feel this way! Let him demand his rights through Court - Let them decide what he gets or doesn't get. And if you are keeping her away to protect her - that would just be good parenting if you ask me. I wish you all the best of luck love!
Old 04-07-2010, 03:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
aka Glenna :)

Yes, he is a verbally abusive addict. He talks a lot about trying to "better" himself, but talk is all it is. I can't expose my daughter to the chance that he might adversely affect her. Thanks for reminding me of that.