Husband Relapsed-Marriage on Bandaids again

Old 04-02-2010, 05:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Husband Relapsed-Marriage on Bandaids again

I really thought my husband was doing good. I had not really seen any crazy relapse episodes since September of 2008. It really took a while to trust him again. I moved back in with him to our current apartment in May 2009. This past year was the best year of our marriage (originally we got married March of 2007).

I am 38 years old, and we really wanted children. I went through two painful miscarriages. Currently, I am 23 weeks pregnant, and my little boy is due at the end of July this year. I am just hoping that I will get throught the rest of the pregnancy.

He relapsed this past Wednesday. And I know that he was drinking on Thursday night as well. I really lost it last night. I was so angry at him. I just signed a lease for another year at our apartment on Tuesday night. I am so worried that he is going to do something that will hurt me or even our future son. And he has a job right now--I am worried that he might lose his job. Before this relapse happened, I was really confident that I would be able to leave our baby with him while I did errands or if the baby needed to watched if I was not able to get time off from work but he could get the time off from work. Now I am not so sure--if we are in that situation--I may need to send the baby to my inlaws who live a couple of hours away so that they can watch the baby along with him.

So I could really use some prayers for my marriage right now and for my husband.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am praying for you and your baby.

You will be okay. You can do this.

Maybe it is a good thing that he relapsed now. You have time to create a plan that does not include relying on him.

Hugs
Old 04-02-2010, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I remember you and I'm glad you are back, although I wish it was under different circumstances. I also remember that you are one smart lady and you will get through this no matter what happens!

Keep your back-up plan in place. Your baby is the most important in all of this, so try to stay calm. When my friend was leaving her stbxah, i told her to write "you are okay." really big on a piece of paper. She told me later that whenever she freaked out and started thinking too much, she looked at the piece of paper and takes it wherever she goes. When I'm struggling, she send me emails with huge font that say the same thing. So, here's your first... YOU ARE OKAY!!!!

Hugs and tons of prayer for you and your son!
Old 04-02-2010, 07:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I really hope that you can take good care of yourself and do what you can to manage stress at this time. Meditation, yoga, massage, anything to calm you and keep you centered. Maybe you don't have to look so far down the road right now. It's useless to worry about whether he's going to be able to watch the baby at this time. I would put yourself and your health first and deal with issues as they come. I guess I'm just thinking about my own tendency to really work myself into craziness, and how awful that would be during pregnancy.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

PV -

My opinion is that you might want to print this post out and read it to him.

*shrug*

*prayers for you and your baby*
Old 04-02-2010, 09:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Prayers for you, your baby and your husband