Has anyone read this book?

Old 03-29-2010, 07:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Has anyone read this book?

I thought this posted but I guess it didn't? If this is posted twice I apologize. I had a magazine out at work today and flipped it open to a random page. The page it opened to was one about this book "The Alcoholism and Addiction Cure." I thought it was weird that out of all the pages my Starz celebrity gossip magazine had in it this would be the one to flop open to me so I wrote down the name of the book. Has anyone ever read or heard of this book? Is it any good? I was thinking about getting it for my EAF(ex alcoholic fiance...? is that right? haha). I just read the first couple pages on amozon and it sounds pretty good maybe i'll read it for myself as well. Any feedback on it?
Old 03-29-2010, 07:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hummmmm.... I always thought the titles of books like these were misleading. "Marketing" to our hopes, and caretaker tendencies. Cure. That's a word that promises total and permanent recovery. Another title I find very "marketing oriented" are the "Getting Them Sober" titles. Those types of titles really pull us in.

As for the content of the book you mentioned, I have not read it. I have read some of the "Getting Them Sober" books, and found them to contain helpful information for US.