Cant think or talk about it

Old 03-28-2010, 09:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cant think or talk about it

Hi...
I am trying to journal about my feelings and talk them out. But when I go back and explore what happened with my STXAH, I cant do it. It seems like its too hard to go back there and really deal with what happened. It causes me to spiral downwards. I told a friend I havent seen in a while about what happened and then I was in bed depressed for days. It is almost like I relive it and I cant bear that. Has anyone been through this?
I know its always in the back of my mind but when I talk about it or consciously think about it, I get very depressed...
Old 03-28-2010, 10:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Lulu,

You have been through a rough time and now it is time to relax and take care of yourself. It will get better. Everyone has their own time table. Maybe you could journal about what you are going to do and imagine how that will feel vs what you have been through.

I journal a lot and I have discovered that there are times when I want to go over every detail and times when I just acknowledge having a bad day. It isn't so important to relive the past as to learn from it what not to do again. Getting yourself away from someone who gives you bad memories is learning- so you don't have to go over it. You made decisions, took steps and now it is about moving forward and living life for yourself rt now one step at a time.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Journaling can be very flowing or feel like its not flowing.

When its not flowing, I just let it go and try to be gentle with myself.

In the preamble of Al-Anon, there is a phrase: Our thinking becomes distorted by trying to force solutions, and we become irritable and unreasonable without knowing it.
Journaling is a tool that need not be forced. Maybe take a break and try again at another time?? JMO
Old 03-28-2010, 10:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When the time is right, you will find your mind and your pen in harmony, and words will flow.

Leave it for now.

God bless