Notices

Well day 6 and a test for me...

Old 03-08-2010, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well day 6 and a test for me...

I have made it this far. just got back from a meeting- 6th in 5 days. my 18 yr old daughter is having a bipolar episode, and she is raging on me for her not having a job (I told her I would help her- she has wrecked her car twice in 3 weeks, probably totalled- which happened about two months ago) I told her insurance and repairs would be costly and she needs to contribute which she says I gave her a crappy car- a relatively new honda accord which was in great condition. Have offered to let her use another car in our family if it is only for work- she has a tendency to stray to really bad places (oxy history- but I am pretty sure she is clean of that). I am trying to help her- but she will not talk. Wow- I don't even want a drink but my anxiety is crazy. Time to work on coping....not sure what to do....
back to work tomorrow- my detox was much better than I thought and at least I have that going. I sure would like to take her to a meeting- but she would never in a million years do that.
Hope all are good-
dub
Old 03-08-2010, 02:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you have a challenging situation to deal with Dub, and I'm glad you are sober and you can support your daughter.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way To Go Dubya!!! You Da Man!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey there,
sounds like you are going through a tough time for sure. Sounds to me that your daughter's illness or other issues are causing her to have some serious lack of gratitude for all you have done for her. So sad. As for you, do you have a therapist, counselor or member of clergy that you can speak with to help you deal with the issues you are facing in regards to your daughters illness etc? I know that having someone who is not directly involved with a situation is very beneficial for me in dealing with my feelings and concerns. Perhaps this would help you as well.
Anyways, I am glad that you are staying sober through all this and I wish you only the best.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dedubya View Post
I have made it this far. just got back from a meeting- 6th in 5 days. my 18 yr old daughter is having a bipolar episode, and she is raging on me for her not having a job (I told her I would help her- she has wrecked her car twice in 3 weeks, probably totalled- which happened about two months ago) I told her insurance and repairs would be costly and she needs to contribute which she says I gave her a crappy car- a relatively new honda accord which was in great condition. Have offered to let her use another car in our family if it is only for work- she has a tendency to stray to really bad places (oxy history- but I am pretty sure she is clean of that). I am trying to help her- but she will not talk. Wow- I don't even want a drink but my anxiety is crazy. Time to work on coping....not sure what to do....
back to work tomorrow- my detox was much better than I thought and at least I have that going. I sure would like to take her to a meeting- but she would never in a million years do that.
Hope all are good-
dub
"MAYBE SHE SHOULDN'T BE DRIVING"

was anyone hurt?

Good job not picking up with all this extra stress going on
Old 03-08-2010, 07:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Smile

..your avatar,much better than 'Avatar"..

..good to here you're dowin' well...lol...ozy..
Old 03-09-2010, 12:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
seeking recovery

thank god we are sober dub!
we can now give these problems a clearer focus!
My 19 year old daughter has "issues" too, she dabbles in ecstacy and it worries me sick also she cant understand why she has not been "discovered" and not rich and famous!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I have similar problems with bi-polar, PTSD, etc. I had such a attach yesterday that I literally did some of the stupidest things. Someone called me from one of the sites this morning and asking me what happened and all I said was I was done and hung up! Very rude, but it is so hard to control one self when we have these mental defects. Not only the mental but the emotional and spiritual if you go there.

At least we are sober right!

Drinking sure would make it worse i know that from much experience
Old 03-09-2010, 04:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I have similar problems with bi-polar, PTSD, etc. I had such a attach yesterday that I literally did some of the stupidest things. Someone called me from one of the sites this morning and asking me what happened and all I said was I was done and hung up! Very rude, but it is so hard to control one self when we have these mental defects. Not only the mental but the emotional and spiritual if you go there.

At least we are sober right!

Drinking sure would make it worse i know that from much experience
Thanks- I try really hard to soften up when she is in one of the BP cycles, its been 3 yrs or so since she has been diagnosed. She is one of the sweetest people on earth, and I hurt to see her like that worse than you would imagine. She is so talented in the arts, a genius. I know it's cliche but I think I may hurt as much as her when she is down- because she is down. Life isn't perfect is it? I am hanging, and she knows I love her. I am drained with work today and not drinking (yeehaw)- so I am going to cook some blackened swordfish with sauteed asparagus (so I can see if it smells later....not really) I love asparagus.
Later peeps- much love
Dub
Old 03-10-2010, 04:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dedubya View Post
Thanks- I try really hard to soften up when she is in one of the BP cycles, its been 3 yrs or so since she has been diagnosed. She is one of the sweetest people on earth, and I hurt to see her like that worse than you would imagine. She is so talented in the arts, a genius. I know it's cliche but I think I may hurt as much as her when she is down- because she is down. Life isn't perfect is it? I am hanging, and she knows I love her. I am drained with work today and not drinking (yeehaw)- so I am going to cook some blackened swordfish with sauteed asparagus (so I can see if it smells later....not really) I love asparagus.
Later peeps- much love
Dub
Me too