Crazy weekend!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2010, 09:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crazy weekend!!!!!!

What a crazy weekend!!! Last Thurs and Fri I was strong well, getting stregnth from all of you and praying.
Friday night at 12:30 a police officer called me about my son, he said he was very intoxicated, he was running around a neighborhood trying to get into peoples houses. He says we need you to come pick him up. My reply was.. What if I dont? Well then we will arrest him. I said, ok arrest him. Got off the phone and was sad, but knew I did what needed to be done. Well about 20 minutes later the office called back and said he also smelled of chemicals (as you know he has found the $3.20 high of huffing carborater cleaner) The officer said he was too messed up to arrest and his lips and nail beds were turning blue. They took him to a local hospital. I headed over... When I got there he was hand cuffed to the hospital bed yelling, screaming.. blabbering... You could not understand a word he was saying. I did not know, but the party he had been at he had gotten beat up by 5 guys.
ANyways after a CT scan and blood draws and not to mention they had to sedate him... He has a small fracture in his neck and methonol posioning. A couple hours later they did more labs, which the methanol levels were rising, not going down. SO they had to transport him to another local hospital to their shock trauma intensive care unit. After lots of IV's and an antidote to reverse the methonol he was much better.
I brought him homw yesterday. Needless to say I took his car. Today he went to work, which they fired him for a dirty UA from last week. He just left on his 11 year old sisters bike.. He begged to take his car to go look for a job... OK I am a forgiving, co-dependent mother, but not an FING idiot (excuse the language) of course promising me he wont use..he learned his lesson UMMM RIGHT...... I went into his bank account and transfered all of his money to my account... I know if he is going to use, he will figure out how to pay for it, but he owes his dad and I a few thousand so.....
What now??
Old 03-08-2010, 10:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

YES anvilhead THANK YOU..
Old 03-08-2010, 10:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BBD

Another hug mom..good job!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((((Here's another))))) and sending good thoughts, prayers...
Old 03-08-2010, 06:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

admire your strength
Old 03-09-2010, 05:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

good job!

offer to drive him to Salvation Army for rehab?
Old 03-09-2010, 07:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((enodm))) I am so sorry for your troubles! I am praying for you and your son and the rest of your family- take care of yourself.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

we are here for you to vent and console you in this chaotic journey. the police officer did the right thing and saved your sons life by transporting him to a medical facility. guess it's time for you to fine tune the boundaries &/or create some new ones. it's never ending, we can never predict all the circumstances that will arise. just know that we at SR are here for you to vent.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's like a roller coaster ride!!! I am getting into a counselor tonight cause I think I am going CRAZY!!! Yesterday, despite getting fired.. He took off on his sisters pink bike HA HA HA and instead of going to his drug friends houses... He went to school (it's extended high school) he only has 3 credits left. So he made the right decision. I was pleased he chose to go there instead. He did go to a meeting last night and is at achool again this morning. Thank you for your prayers and support!!!
This craziness is also starting to affect my 11 year old. I feel like I have become so wrapped up in Randy, she is suffering and I feel guilty about that now. Anyone taken a sibling to Ala-teen?? She is 11, but is that to "grown" up for her?
xoxo
Old 03-09-2010, 08:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My husband was an addict and my son was special needs. My daughter often felt lost in the chaos of our family life. When she was pre teen I set aside one night a week that was exclusively hers and mine. We would pre-plan a dinner or a walk somewhere or anything that was just her and I. She knew that no matter how crazy things got, she had my undivided attention for at least this time every week. She's in her twenty's now and we're best pals. Time well invested.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ninja, Great idea!!! Mommy daughter date night!! It's planned for tonight... It will do both her and I some good. Thanks!!!