OT, sort of - a little humor

Old 02-26-2010, 09:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT, sort of - a little humor

I recently received a settlement from workman's comp, and could FINALLy get my cats "taken care of"...they were here when I moved home, the boys (Elvis and Mots) aren't neutered, none have had shots.

I was devastated to learn Elvis has feline leukemia and AIDS but am working to keep him as healthy and comfy while I can. The other 2 tested negative.

So, poor Mots was kept at the vets to have his manhood removed. His name stands for Mouth-Of-The-South, as he is very, very loud and I asked for "take-home meds" to help sedate him.

I looked up what pain meds he is taking and it's similar to morphine or fentanyl..heavy duty opiates.

The funny part is, I was carrying him into my room, holding him like a baby and we went from a brightly lit room, to a dimmer one....and I was watching his pupils. Okay, I NEVER paid attention to anyone's pupils until I started reading here about pupils....and now I'm checking out my cat's pupils and I KNOW FOR A FACT he's on dope.

I had to laugh, as I'm watching his behavior and remembering all of the posts here from loved ones of opiate addicts...he goes from being sweet as he can be to angry and wanting to bite my face off, pretty restless..like he just doesn't know what he wants.

I've told him, a million times, he can't go outside because he's "impaired" and can't make good decisions....he doesn't listen. He just stands at the door and meows.

It's a good thing animals don't become addicts, and he only has 2-1/2 pills left (he gets 1/2 at a time)...I can deal with the SLEEPING part of him, but the angry, raging "let me out the door" cat?.....nah, I want my sweet boy back......sound familiar?

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-26-2010, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I think a brief period of drug ingestion can be excused when one has just had one's "manlihood" removed???

It says so in the Codie Handbook....page 42, paragraph 6, section IV....here, read for yourself...

...a brief period of drug ingestion can be excused when one has just had one's "manlihood" removed

Poor Mots, the pupils are always a giveaway.

And special prayers for Elvis, I know how hard it is when our babies get sick.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BBD

Thats too funny Amy~ my two cats get mad that they can't stay outside all day cause it's so cold in NY now.....but that story was cute and hopefully you have your loving kitty back soon. Smiles, Bonnie
Old 02-26-2010, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Amy, So sorry to hear about Elvis. But your humor about Mots, oh my, both you & Ann have me laughing.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 02-26-2010, 03:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

LOLOLOL Lots of zingers in this post! Good one Ann & Anvil. Hope Mots feels better Amy!