Oh My God...

Old 02-18-2010, 08:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh My God...

I just had to get this out...my ex-abf is in the newspaper...

I was worried over 300.00 in checks he wrote with my old account. I called the police yesterday and left a message with the investigator and I never heard anything back...I found out why...They already knew about the checks because this man, this ooh I would like to insert a lot of nasty words but I won't, wrote out $20,000 worth of checks from that old non-existent account on top of the $11,000 he forged from his family's business. I am shocked and appalled...I had no idea that he did all of this!!! I feel so stupid and sick to my stomach. He pawned all of the jewelry he bought and I bet you all can guess where it went.

I don't even have any words to describe how upset I feel but I will NEVER talk to him again. If this wasn't a wake up call, I don't know what else is....

I am such a sucker, ugh...I am so mad at him and I am especially upset at myself. How could I have not known the extent? How did I justify his odd behavior and put up with it? Why did it take this much for me to see what he was?

Please say a prayer for my children, myself, his family, and everyone that he hurt by such his horrific actions...
Old 02-18-2010, 08:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Prayers going out
Mega especially for you
Old 02-18-2010, 08:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Prayers going out for all of you, sweetie.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-18-2010, 09:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hugs and prayers for you. I'm glad you've gotten the clarity that you need to move on. Keep that momentum and work on yourself and your kids.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((((HUGS))))))

I am sorry for the hurt your feeling. Sometimes I think our HP sends us those eyeopeners to keep us on our path.

This too shall pass.

Hugs,
Teggie
Old 02-18-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That hurts! He is missing a link obviously and seeing him in the paper probably pulls out a lot of emotions. In our state, the arrest info is public and an agency issues a weekly newspaper with mugshot and charges. You can even get a t-shirt. It hurts and my D-ABF has been in it a lot. It's his claim to fame.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sometimes we have to be run over by the bulldozer of reality before we say "enough".

I'm so sorry that, like many of us, you have been taken for the ride of our life, but glad he is paying the consequences for his misdeeds.

Don't feel stupid...most of us here have been in your shoes at least once, some several times.

Hugs
Old 02-18-2010, 05:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Wow...I'm so sorry to hear about all you are going through right now. Huge hugs! HG
Old 02-18-2010, 05:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((hugs)))

OMG...that is just crazy. i'm so glad he's your ex
Old 02-18-2010, 05:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

prayers to you and your family. so sorry that the eyeopener ended up being a huge kick in the stomach.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Prayers and hugs. Just remember you are loved and a loveable person!
Old 02-19-2010, 07:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'm sorry too. try not to beat yourself up, you had no idea this was happening and it has no reflection on you. this was what he chose for himself. you and yours are in my prayers.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

"Never let me imagine that my satisfaction with Life depends on what someone else may do" ODAT in Al-Anon page 234

Please try not to let his actions control or ruin your life - I know it affects it - but take the necessary steps to heal, pick youself up and continue on. Enjoy and Live this wonderful Life you have been given -

YOU deserve it!!!!

HUGS,
Rita
Old 02-19-2010, 12:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for all your thoughts, prayers, and support. All of your kind words have helped me remain strong during a point where I feel weak. In some way I am happy this happened because before I knew the extent of his crimes, I still felt very attached despite my best efforts. Like I said this has been the biggest wake up call of my life. I am still in a bit of shock but it is passing and being met with a lot of pain. I am trying my best to put the focus on me. However, all day I keep feeling like me walking away is 'giving up'. Please do not get me wrong because I have absolutely NO intentions of going back to this man after everything but when I think about letting go for good, I feel guilty with crazy thoughts like 'I didn't love him enough' because I am leaving. I guess these are the same self manipulators that have played out and kept me from changing. I don't know, I am just happy with myself that I can look at this situation in a positive light because on some level, I do think that there was a HP at work because I really needed this insight to stay away.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm not saying that I am trying to fix him or that he is worth fixing, I am just stating the obvious that I feel guilt for some reason. I don't understand it but I am trying not to indulge in it either. Just simply stating how my emotions are trying* to get the best of me. I can't help how I feel but I do recognize it for what is, unjustified guilt.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Anvil - No, I definitely get what you are saying. I just try to focus on something else because there is no way I will allow my emotions to get the best of me because yes, I do know where they have landed me up and I can't allow that to happen again.

Ugh, I just received the first 'quack, quack' letter from jail. I shouldn't have opened it but I did. I won't be writing back though and will be putting return to sender on any future letters. The whole letter is such bs, it is the same stuff he had been saying (keyword there)the whole entire relationship. Like I always said to him, 'actions speak louder than words' and I think his actions from what I read in the paper yesterday say enough. Sorry just had to get that off of my chest