Aftershock...

Old 02-12-2010, 09:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

Aftershock...

Hello all,

I have the wonderful blessing to be posting from a wonderful new life without my ex-addicted fiancee that I haven't seen in a year and 3 months. I have been dating a loving, christian and sweet man who loves me going on 6 months now. My daughter is almost 2 and we are home safe surrounded by family and friends. My court date for full custody is coming soon and the last I heard from my ex, he was jobless and still mooching off of others to get by. I know now that I went through a lot, but protecting my baby girl and making the decision not to stay with someone who chose drugs over us was the best decision I made. Today I write to reach out to the Post Traumatic Stress victims. I share moments of great stress when someone does something nice or has a moment of weakness and I struggle to understand their hidden agenda. I look for the intention before I see the person at times because of what I have been through. You see, I am still dealing with trust and protect my little one to the point of it making me on guard at all times. In my new relationship I am taking it so slowly because of the fear that something may come up like it did it in the past. So far, I have done everything right and my sig other is a gentleman and very patient. I know that it is obvious to him at times that he has to prove everything through action because of the mistakes my ex made in my past. I know that isn't fair and he shouldn't be punished because of what someone did to me. That is why I pray today as I do everyday to learn how to trust again and know that I can be at ease with myself. I work hard, pay close attention to all that I can do to make my little peanuts life awesome, but at times I feel as a girlfriend, I am not quite able to give my all. I am working on that and am reaching out to anyone who may understand.

My heart goes out to anyone making the decision to step aside from someone addicted and allow them to fall so that they can find themselves. It is a hard road and by no means do my words soften that situation, but know this...my prayers are with you...

For this Valentines Day, protect your heart, do something for yourself and let go in love...

Thank you again for reading this
Old 02-13-2010, 05:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am so glad that things are going well for you and your daughter and that you are able to move on in your life to some well-deserved happiness.

Happy Valentines Day to you, I'm glad you shared your news.

Hugs