Notices

Helpcame

Old 12-10-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Helpcame

I posted about this some time ago. We have a group in our area that has gotten off track. I prayed and stayed clear of the problems. I am not in the area service at the moment however they have decided to split off from this group and become out own. God has control. We are growing.

Sadly to report more continue to fall as this group stays off track. Recently a double digit addict just grad. in a professional field and 5 months in to their new professional healtcare job they get busted stealing pills in an attempt to sell them on the streets. Seems as if they think it ok to sell just dont use. They too were using and have come back to the rooms.

Then another falls to taking tooo many pain meds with tooo little pain. From a script that was not his. Again off track.

My book reads the same today as it did in the beginning. This behavior is NOT OK. It kills me to see addicts go back..it just kills me.

I must keep my message clear. This disease is contagious. If I get around non-winners I will not become a winner. My heart breaks for those that die and hurt day after day in this fellowship. Prayers sent.

Sometimes I just dont understand.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Nonexistent Willpower

"I must keep my message clear." "My book reads the same today as it did in the beginning."

This is why there is a big push in AA to get the message back to the book. Up until 1955 there was a 75% success rate. Now it's <5%. Membership is flat. Literature sales are down. The meetings have gotten way off track. The fellowships formed around the 12-steps, now it's fellowships that may or mat not be focused on the 12-step solution. People are hoping for human power, not God power.

Keep carrying the message in the book, God will keep you unharmed.

Have you ever listened to Chris Raymer? He explains it in detail. Check out the web site in my sig. Search for Chris R. There are several speeches. The one with Omaha in the file name is good.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Any group whose actions affect other groups, or NA as a whole, need to be reminded of their primary purpose at the Area Service meeting. If this group is not carrying a clear message of recovery the NA Way, they are in violation of our most basic Traditions. Our local Area has taken a groups inventory many times on the Area floor when there has been the need to. Some groups have recieved the help graciously and others have closed their doors.

i hope this matter becomes resolved in a practical manner soon.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Women Do Recover!

Me too I think those are some of the times when what a group does affects NA as a whole but.... we are also powerless personally but the ASC isn't. A group inventory sounds like a great idea to take a look at whether the groups primary purpose is being met.

For the AA'er - I have always pushed that the program of NA is in the literature, all we have is our own personal opinions and experiences - yes the book is the same now or in the past (well maybe a couple different stories) or at least it has been since I got here in 86