Car Wrecks and Escape Hatches!!!

Old 11-19-2009, 09:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Car Wrecks and Escape Hatches!!!

As many of you know I did sign a lease on a place and planned on moving out. Then I hit a guy who ran a stop sign. I didn't have a stop so I was doing the usual 45mph and there he was. I walked from the crash, but my car was totaled. I was unable to move out due to some problems with my left hip. In fact I'm seeing a doctor again today for it. Many of you know I'm slightly disabled due to MS. This has really slowed me down. I think it may be stress fractures. Very painful.

So I have a place to go and was hoping to have a few weeks to move small stuff then do one big move. That hasn't happened with no car. I almost got out of the lease; but I just couldn't make the call. I should be getting a new car this Friday; three weeks later!

If I can do this the soonest would be the end of the first week of Dec. My husband goes away to work then to his brothers to party and doesn't return till all hours. It doesn't give me as much time as I would like but I figure what I get, I get. What I don't I don't.

Please keep me in your prayers. When I started this I felt strong and on top of my game. There was some emotional stuff I was going back and forth on. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have to do this feeling awful; short on time and with less money. My AH isn't helping pay for the new car (he has more then enough to help) and since he doesn't know what my savings are for I have to use some of that to get the new one (car). You know what insurance isn't covering. Luckily his(the guy who hit me) is covering most because it was his fault.

I think I thought my HP would line up the planets and make my escape easy. Not that I would be crawling out of here feeling like the kids aren't helping and I really feel very alone. Talk about having to be stronger than you think you can be. Thanks for letting me vent... See ya all on the other side...
Old 11-19-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nothing is permanent in this wicked world not even our troubles. - Charlie Chaplin

I am so sorry this has happened to you. Please, oh please, take it easy on yourself and do not stress yourself over the time line that these things are happening. You just keeping looking ahead and doing the next healthy thing for you and let your HP handle the big picture.

When I look back on how things have transpired for me in the last five months, I can't imagine how it all worked out the way it did. I pulled through a couple of moments by a sheer act of faith and divine intervention for sure.

I'm waiting for you on the other side. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you a safe journey. I have faith in HP and in you.

Alice
Old 11-19-2009, 11:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hi brundle-

ok, so things aren't quite going as you envisioned...

just keep doing the next right thing...

ok, so you had planned to ease into your move...that's not happening because of the car...ok...move onto plan B...

is there anyone you can ask for help? if so, ask them! oftentimes, we tend to isolate in our suffering....reach out and ask...the worst that can happen is they say no...and many times, we are pleasantly surprised...

on the positive side, you can still move in dribs and drabs once you get your car...maybe it's not as quick as you would like...

can you not simply turn on your utilities in the new place, move over some blankets, pillow and small carpets, the basics to cook and stay at your new place right away, while you continue to move the rest of your stuff out at your leisure?

when i first moved, i didn't have any money whatsoever. i packed up enough bedding and cooking stuff into some suitcases and lived like that for a while until i could figure out how to get my bed and furniture over here.

in the beginning, it was me on the floor in my wee nest and the computer on a suitcase. that was it and you know what? it was fine!

let us know how it goes. wish i was closer, i'd give you a hand.

naive
Old 11-19-2009, 11:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Brundle,
You are in my prayers. You are amazing, moving forward no matter what. I admire you and hope to achieve what you have soon. Yes this is a set back, but you can do it. You are not alone, we are with you and so is your HP. Hang tough and you will make it to the other side.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

(((Brundle))) My AH left me in the beginning of Sept, cleared out most of his IRA, and left me stuck with a pile of past due bills, including the mortgage, with only my salary to pay them on. Immediately after he left, my daughters kids were placed in my custody by cps pending an investigation, so I had two additional mouths to feed, but since it was only temporary custody, I could not get assistance to support them. Not only that, but I had to take my lunch hour at 3:30, pick them up from their bus (I also couldn't change school districts), drive them to a sitter's house, pick them up after work, take them home, feed them, homework, shower, etc. My boss also wasn't keen on me taking my lunch hour then, but there was no other option. I just prayed I didn't lose my job. There were so many obstacles in my way for months, and actually there still is. The children were reunited w/their mother last month (it was unfounded), but are still staying with me (as well as my daughter most days), as the landlord was making and still is making false accustations to cps and police as a means to wrongfully evict my daughter, who can't find another apartment at the moment, as there are none out there rightnow. My younger son, who moved out of my house a year ago to my sister's (who is an A also) house, she, in a drunken rage, attacked him with a hammer (but he is fine, not hurt thank God), so he is now back to living at my house ... Each day is something else coming about. But, my A isn't here (in fact, he's in jail on a dwi), and while I may sometimes have my times when I get down and worry ... down on myself ... I try to remember that every obstacle is also an opportunity ...

Please, trust in God, place it in His hands. A very good person on the alcoholics forum once told me very wise words: he said "get down on your knees and pray for His will to be done and that you accept His will, whatever it may be". I pray for that every single day, and when obstacles pop up, I bring myself back to that place and think to myself "it's God's will not mine, and I accept His will". Remember, acceptance is the key, at least it is to me. When I accept that things are exactly as they should be at this very moment, that's when I have serenity. Things will all work out exactly as they should.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs,
Old 11-22-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Brundle - I hadn't come across any of your posts lately so I did a search... glad to see you're still posting from time to time to let us know how you're doing. (((Hugs)))

Just want to reiterate what everyone else has said already -- they are so wise! Please take it easy and stay positive. I'm praying for you!
Old 11-22-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

My first reaction was to get in the car and come help you. Is that co-dependant?
Old 11-22-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Transformyself,

If that's codependencey then I say the world needs more codependents... and fewer alcoholics please.

((Brundle))

One day at a time, right? I'm in the process of trying to rule out or DX MS as well. I have serious back problems that may explain most of my symptoms but the brain MRI didn't exactly rule out MS. I see my doctor in a few weeks and really don't know what to expext. Would you mind sharing with me, what does "slightly disabled by MS mean?"
Old 11-22-2009, 09:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 love

Hi Brundle,

Have you called the ministry segment of your church community that might help you? There is a ministry called Focus, they can be found on the internet and they might find someone to help you with the move out too. Or one of the domestic abuse services in the area may be able to provide help?

Just some thoughts.

praying for you Brundle and your kids