Notices

So...I was sitting outside thinking...

Old 11-18-2009, 10:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FREAKING AWESOME!

So...I was sitting outside thinking...

I am so happy and it's almost Christmas time and this time last year I was so strung out on pills, so unhappy, cheating on my husband, not taking very good care of my son and I was not me anymore.

Thank God (whoever that is) that I am sober today and I plan to be sober through the holidays. How wonderful is that. I am enjoying Christmas music, dancing like a fool with my son, singing and just beaming with joy. I am so happy now that I am sober and I can live, I can be happy, I am in love with my husband again, I love myself again and I can be the mother I know I am.

I get a little emotional when I think about it cause last Christmas I was so miserable. Today is a different day, a miracle that I am clean today. I don't think about drugs constantly, run after the drugs all the time. I am happy, in love and I am so looking forward to the rest of my life as a clean happy person. I LOVE RECOVERY AND ALL MY RECOVERING PEEPS!
Old 11-18-2009, 10:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you. It brings tears to my eyes knowing how much better off we ALL are by staying clean and sober..
However, don't skip out on Thanksgiving just to get to Christmas. LOLOLOLOL... I know you're excited and happy, but really, Turkey day is much more fun than Christmas.. OK, OK! That's my opinion, but hey.. We're having fun right???
Old 11-18-2009, 11:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FREAKING AWESOME!

iT IS AMAZING ISN'T IT! SOBRIETY ROCKS!
Old 11-18-2009, 12:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

I was still sizzling my first sober Christmas -- three days shy of two months. I had so many fears surrounding it -- that my kids would be resentful that it was only the three of us, that they'd be disappointed in all Santa brought for them, that there would be no "spirit" in our Christmas. I needn't have worried. What I didn't consider was how much it meant to them to have me there, present and aware, to share the day with them.

Since that, our family has grown quite a bit. I was thinking about this thread in talking with my husband a few moments ago. He did the Thanksgiving shopping today. He brings it home, I cook it. And we were talking about three of our four children coming home, all from different directions, about the other folks (our "orphans") who are coming because they don't have family near or are still in the process of healing past hurts, about maybe enlisting the kids to do the outside Christmas decorating while they're all here...and it hit me that the holiday season has begun. I was filled with joy -- the exact opposite that I used to feel. No more dread that I have to entertain, put up with people invading my isolation, be nice and listen when I'd rather be in the back room doing other things. I want to entertain and fellowship and be in the company of my family and friends. If that's not a complete psychic change from the past, I don't know what is.

I'm glad you're in a good place, Ashlee. It gets even better.

Peace & Love,
Sugah