Notices

PERCOCET Withdrawl.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

PERCOCET Withdrawl.

Hello Everyody, Well its day four without any Percoct. I get an RX of 90 #10's a month and its always gone about 5 or 6 days before I can get the RX filled .so I can get it filled this thursday but I dont want to , I have stoped and started so manys times over the years and now my mind is telling me i want the drug more then my body .
Old 11-17-2009, 01:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

May I ask what your plan is to get through the next few days and have a strong enough resolve to not fill the script?
Frankly, it's easier for us to swear off pills when there's no possibility of getting more. When that renewal date creeps up, the pills look better and better.
Best to get a plan in place now, my friend.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stagebear View Post
May I ask what your plan is to get through the next few days and have a strong enough resolve to not fill the script?
Frankly, it's easier for us to swear off pills when there's no possibility of getting more. When that renewal date creeps up, the pills look better and better.
Best to get a plan in place now, my friend.
Yes you are so right, but I have no plan and ofcourse the last four days have been Hell because I had to work. So I have a doctor that does not care but I know that I am to blame.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

How's this:
Tell the prescribing doctor that you are addicted and need to stop.
Call the pharmacy and tell them you've developed an allergy to oxycodone and need to assure they don't fill any future prescriptions.
Find a support group nearby.
When we're in the throes of withdrawal, swearing off refills and such is pretty easy. But when opportunity and desire cross paths, addicts are off to the races in no time.
All of the above presumes a real desire to quit, not just dealing with the days until you can get a refill.