Notices

Dont know what to do

Old 11-13-2009, 07:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dont know what to do

I'm 35 and have been taking Oxy for about 9 months now. I have tried to stop so many times now and I just cant seem to do it. Cold turkey is the rough way but for me I think Its the only way. Ive lost everything in just a short 9 moths girlfriend of 10 years, car, job, trust and to top it I might be going to jail now because of it and I'm scared to death of detoxing in jail. The longest Ive made it is 5 days on the 5Th day I just could not take not sleeping any more I felt like I was going nuts. I think I might to be able to deal with it if it wasnt for the not sleeping part. How do you people deal with that ? I feel like there is just no hope any more. Please anything will help. What do you think I should do?
Old 11-13-2009, 07:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

First of all, welcome to SR. This is a great place to find support, advice and common experiences. Personally I have no experience with Oxy's, but there are many members who do. I'm sure some of them will be along shortly.

I would suggest you talk to your doctor about your situation. He can give you solid advice on how to deal with this. I know it's hard, as you are probably feeling pretty ashamed right now, but you are far from alone in having to deal with this. Hang in there. Take care.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi - welcome to SR!

I tapered for 8 days and now am on my 4th day of no opiates. It's hard and there is no easy way out of it but I swear it's worth every second of it.

I just posted a "help" out here this morning - I haven't really slept in a week.
This too shall pass.....just like the puking, chills, fever etc.

I was terrified, I thought I was alone and wasn't sure I could do it. This place helped me everyday, even if I didn't post I read other peoples experiences who had gone/going through exactly what I was.
You've already done 5 days before! You were almost there. You can do this.

Good luck, keep coming back here, you'll never be alone.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not sleeping for days and days at a time is extremely dangerous, and I do mean physically hazardous. If you find that to be continue happening every time you try to stop you really should see a doctor about:

A) Tapering
B) Short-term (potent) benzodiazepine treatment
C) Suboxone
D) Methadone
Old 11-14-2009, 09:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lost welcome to SR!!! Here you will without a doubt find the help you need to begin your process of detox and recovery. You have a problem and have admitted to it. That is the first step to recovery. For the sleeping problems I also recommend the following:

1. Glass of warm milk at bedtime
2. 5mg of Serotonin (you can get it at GNC)
3. 1.5 grams (1500 mg) of GABA (Also available at GNC)
4. Warm bath

I took this combo my second night without pot and before I knew it I was past out in the couch. If it doesn't help then I suggest some of the more aggresive methods mentioned by Vinter. However, you need a prescription for those meds...
Old 11-14-2009, 09:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree you should see a Dr....they're the best ones to give advice, and members here should not be giving out medical advice, even about non prescription meds.

D
Old 11-15-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry Dee!!!! Guess I had a brain f@rt. I am trying to delete it but I can't. Please do so if you can. I though I was helping but I see now that even OTC and natural supplements can have allergic/adverse reactions, abuse potential, and contraindications.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well, a couple nice things about detoxing in jail are ... you can be pretty certain that you WILL end up detoxed ... and that you'll NEVER want to end up in that position again.

Seeing a doctor (perhaps one that can prescribe buprenorphine aka 'subs') would probably be a better option, though. Even if you don't go the sub route, there are various things that can be prescribed that are non-narcotic that can take some of the edge off of w/d's ... for example, my sub doctor gave me clonidine, neurontin, and ambien to sleep when I quit subutex.

Taken exactly as prescribed, together these drugs were a big help. I also thought I was going to go crazy from the lack of sleep, I know where you're coming from there my friend ... that facet ended up feeling like the worst part ... although really if I hadn't felt so terrible otherwise in my waking hours, the lack of sleep probably wouldn't have been that bad ... hell I used to stay up for days at a time on speed, after all ...

Anyways ... go see a doctor that has experience with treating patients with opioid addiction, that's my best advice. And welcome to the boards