View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 08:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bval

Well, a couple nice things about detoxing in jail are ... you can be pretty certain that you WILL end up detoxed ... and that you'll NEVER want to end up in that position again.

Seeing a doctor (perhaps one that can prescribe buprenorphine aka 'subs') would probably be a better option, though. Even if you don't go the sub route, there are various things that can be prescribed that are non-narcotic that can take some of the edge off of w/d's ... for example, my sub doctor gave me clonidine, neurontin, and ambien to sleep when I quit subutex.

Taken exactly as prescribed, together these drugs were a big help. I also thought I was going to go crazy from the lack of sleep, I know where you're coming from there my friend ... that facet ended up feeling like the worst part ... although really if I hadn't felt so terrible otherwise in my waking hours, the lack of sleep probably wouldn't have been that bad ... hell I used to stay up for days at a time on speed, after all ...

Anyways ... go see a doctor that has experience with treating patients with opioid addiction, that's my best advice. And welcome to the boards