Notices

helping a friend

Old 11-12-2009, 11:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

helping a friend

It's been quite a while that my friend have been using weed. He uses this for his past time, when he wants to eat a lot or when he's watching a movie, and a lot more uses I don't really need to know...

Well one day my friend just decided to end his addiction, for what reason? well I really dont know, he wont tell me. He just asked me to help him in his journey to his new life... Well good for him though..

Right now i'm just supporting him emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Thats all I can help for now...

Well this is a good start for him though and i'm planning to help him in whatever way I can.

Will give you an update soon...
Old 11-13-2009, 12:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to you, addicted 123
Look forward to hearing your story as well as your friends...

D
Old 11-13-2009, 03:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Weed can be a mind **** to stop if you've been doing it for awhile.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Old 11-13-2009, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad that your friend has decided to quit, and I'm glad that you decided to share this with us.

And yes, please do keep us updated.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just an update...

My friend is now clean for almost two weeks now, thats what he said to me... I really hope that he will continue this progress and continue to be clean, forever I hope.

He said it was really tough, a lot of times he's tempted to use it, but decided not to because he will just start all over again if he do so.

I'm just here supporting my friend... Till next time...
Old 11-17-2009, 07:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Right on. Keep coming back and dont be afraid to check out the friends and family forums either
Old 11-17-2009, 08:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

i never really had a problem with the devil's lettuce. i just kinda grew out of it i reckon. makes me paranoid nowadays.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Addicted123, weed can create a mild physical addiction with a strong psychological component to it. It all depends on the amount and time the person has been consuming. I am currently getting treatment at a hospital solely to control my addiction to weed. For 16 years I smoked everyday and every aspect of life revolved around weed. I tried MANY other drugs but no other substance did to me what weed has done.

Your friend has a rough and long road ahead of him. Without the appropiate help, I can surely say, that he will soon relapse. I tried a couple of times to do it "on my own" with the occasional help from friend and/or family member. However, after some time the urge to consume eventually came back. When it did, I was helpless and readily succumbed to my addiction. I was back to my old ways within days.

My advise to your friend is that he seeks immediate appropiate help. This forum was my first line of defense when I decided to quit. It has also become an essential component of my recovery. Here, I can share my experience in ways I could have never done with the people that sorrounded me. More importantly, I get helpful advice and understanding from other recovering weed addicts. You should urge him to join this site ASAP. Additionally, participating in groups like MA (Marijuana Anonimous) or NA (Narcotics Anonimous) can give him much needed support.

I wish your friend the best in his way to recovery!!!!

Lastly, welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2009, 10:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's been quite a while since my last post. I had a wonderful vacation, I brought my friend with me to make him forget what needs to be forgotten, well I think it did him good to have a vacation. He said he did enjoy with our vacation and he looks refreshed now... : )
Old 12-17-2009, 04:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome A lot of people don't realize that marijuana is actually very addictive, I have 4 close loved ones in my life, who are very, very addicted to marijuana and have tried stopping for years and cannot. So good on your friend for taking that step!
Old 12-18-2009, 06:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My husband is 40 years old and has smoked weed since age 12. He decided to quit 8 weeks ago and it's been rough. He has had overwhelming cravings. I'm a recovering opiate/cocaine addict, 14 months clean.
I will support him to quit, but I will no longer enable him to continue smoking.
I'm at a point in my life that I want a 'drug free' existence. I don't want to be around it or him for that matter if he starts back. Stick a fork in me...I'm done.

Good luck to you and your friend.

Penny