The Words Fell Out of My Mouth

Old 11-07-2009, 11:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Words Fell Out of My Mouth

Ok, some words fell out of my mouth today that I thought might be helpful to others who are struggling with being married to an alcoholic.

We were talking about his going to meetings (or lack thereof). I calmly said...

"Please don't think I am judging you or being selfish. I will be ok, whether you go to meetings or not. It is you that I am worried about. I want you to succeed, for you - because I care about you."

Now it's your turn - what fell out of your mouth?
Old 11-07-2009, 11:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I said,

"I know you have done some bad things, and I have been on the other end. I know that I assaulted you verbally and endlessly each time I found out about another woman, or another lie, or another year went by with no financial help for our son...But I do feel sad and sorry about assaulting you verbally. I did treat you badly. And I am not happy about that EVEN if it was ever 'justified' in my heart or by the book. I became a person that I did not want to be in response to your behavior, and I am sorry that I said these horrible things for so long."
Old 11-07-2009, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ago

I can't do this any more

Good bye
Old 11-07-2009, 11:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow...good post.

This just happened 30 minutes ago.

I all of a sudden felt this real need to pray for exah. Not sure why or what for...but just pray.

I sent him a text:

I am praying for you.

My faith is not something he and I discussed much. He was very threatened by it most of the time and made comments. When we were together I pretty much put my faith on the back burner. This situation has brought me back to a very strong faith, but still something exah and I don't discuss.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We are going through a rollercoaster of good times and bad times. Lately I could just feel him going toward the bad times and the words that fell out of my mouth:

"I can tell you are going back to the old way where your only interest is getting laid or getting loaded"....