Notices

1st white chip yesterday...now what?

Old 11-06-2009, 04:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1st white chip yesterday...now what?

picked up my white chip yesterday evening b/c my therapist thought it was a good idea. i have no idea what it means. that i have intent? that i accept the precepts of AA? that i will never, ever, ever, god save my soul drink again? i do not know how AA works, it seems to be secret and i do not understand. i do have a sponsor, but she is barely there, which is "normal" from what i understand from hearing others speak about it. i cannot talk to my husband or no one else who is not in AA about my disease. I am used to male friends, but, according to AA, I cannot have male friends in AA. any help would be helpful.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Congrats on being sober/clean

In early recovery I knew that I needed help on a daily basis and the fellowship was there with open arms. My advice, take the help offered, give it a few months and then see what you think. If you dont like it you can always leave and do something else then.

In the meantime enjoy each day clean, cos thats the gift, thats the joy, thats the key
Old 11-06-2009, 04:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your white chip, or 'desire' chip symbolizes your desire to quit drinking. Just for today. Try your very best to stay in today, to connect with your sponsor (call her), and connect with other women (are there women-only meetings in your area?). Things will fall into place - though I do remember how confusing and overwhelming those early days and months of sobriety were.

Keep reaching out here for support, too. Welcome to board, by the way
Old 11-06-2009, 04:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

The reason I come here to SR every day is because most people, who are not addicts, do not understand what we go through.

I hope you continue to seek support.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You have my permission to disregard anything that can not be backed up by what's written in the book.
i cannot talk to my husband or no one else who is not in AA about my disease. I am used to male friends, but, according to AA, I cannot have male friends in AA. any help would be helpful.
False and false. Also, it's an "illness" not a "disease"
Old 11-06-2009, 05:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Oh and hello and welcome by the way