Notices

Whine

Old 11-03-2009, 05:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Whine

Why Me????

Ok, thanks for the kleenex, I feel better now, (actually, I do, lol).

Today is the first day in a long time when I don't feel like having a drink, in fact, having a drink would really be a huge mistake, because learning how to live sober, reconnecting with HP, (whom I shut the door on years ago), reconnecting with life, and with people, and with reality, and becoming all I can be, can all be sidetracked again for years to come simply by having one drink.

It's soooo not worth it.

One day at a time,
Dallas
Old 11-03-2009, 06:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
mergirl

Morning Dallas, happy Tuesday=)

I LOVE going to work in the sunlight again!!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So... now you got that out of your system!....

Mark
Old 11-03-2009, 06:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with you. One drink would destroy so much hard work. Totally not worth it.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Morning! I am on Day 6 and was wondering how you were doing.

Beautiful day NOT to be hungover today!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling well, Dallas!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks guys and gals for the boost today.

I feel like fire, I am so sick of drinking, I want a life that works, a life where I feel like a decent, caring part of the human race, not one of utter indulgence and selfish consumption, but one of giving back all the thousands of gifts I've been given all these years. I have a special life, we all do, but it takes misery, disgust and defeat to bring us to our collective knees sometimes, and to start listening to the voices that are calling us to a better way of living.

One huge change is I'm not ashamed anymore. That alone has kept me drunk for years.

I am who I am, and I'm not drunk today. That's much better than just a couple days ago, and I don't want a drink.

Thanks all,

One day at a time,
Dallas
Old 11-03-2009, 06:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Shame was a big one for me. It gets better. Some in the rooms say "I'm so and so and I am a grateful alcoholic"

They say that because without the program and recovery they might never have experienced the feeling of being happy, joyous and free....

Mark
Old 11-03-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

FS life is grand, I was a drunk at one time, now I am a recovering alcoholic named Martin.

Keeping an attitude of gratitude makes one heck of a difference, to know I am part of the world today instead of apart from the world is sweet.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Awesome attitude!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

You know Dallas I was so sick when I got first came into recovery that I didn't even ask that question out loud until I was about 30 days.

When I did ask it, I was with Bev and Hugh, and they both looked at me and said almost in unison:

WHY NOT YOU?

Well sheesh I didn't have sn answer for that. It was quite a while into recovery before I realized that I had to do everything I did out there to get to recovery.

Hopefully you now have this out of your system. Now you can focus on being the best YOU you can be today.

Love and hugs,
Old 11-03-2009, 08:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
You know Dallas I was so sick when I got first came into recovery that I didn't even ask that question out loud until I was about 30 days.

When I did ask it, I was with Bev and Hugh, and they both looked at me and said almost in unison:

WHY NOT YOU?

Well sheesh I didn't have sn answer for that. It was quite a while into recovery before I realized that I had to do everything I did out there to get to recovery.

Hopefully you now have this out of your system. Now you can focus on being the best YOU you can be today.

Love and hugs,
Love that, i've used that before recovery...it stumps people so much that they literally transform in minutes, quality:-)
Old 11-03-2009, 09:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks for your share Fire.

The first law of addiction states that if you pick up, you will end up where you left off. I do not want to be a practicing alchoholic. Cravings last for 3 minutes. As time goes on the frequency of the cravings decreases. I will use the 12 steps to learn how to face reality. I've been sober for 50 miraculous days. I am not picking up one day at a time.

Best regards, Dan.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Ok Dallas, Good job. Focus on today and today only. Don't worry about tomorrow. You can handle tomorrow when it gets here. Just focus on one day at a time. Makes it much easier to handle when dealing in smaller increments. And let's not forget about those meetings.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

May sound cheesy but one thing that helps me whenever I get a craving or the urge to call up some of the old people I use to party with is to listen to the u2 song "Stuck in a moment". Dan1957 is right. The craving won't last forever and it will pass. Usually for me after the song ends lol.

Try making a playlist on your ipod that helps to keep you in good spirits.