Old 10-31-2009, 08:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy Halloween

Yfrog - marvinhalloween1

Happy Halloween!
Old 10-31-2009, 10:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

OMG what a cute dog!!!!! I want to hug him!

Is anyone dressing up tonight? Why do I feel like I'm the only old person who is dressing up and going trick or treating? (I AM taking little kids with me).
Old 10-31-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My husband and I
are going to have a "spook-tacular"
afternoon.

We will be heading
out to get new tattoos.

Happy Tricks or Treat to
my SR Family..!
Old 10-31-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post

Is anyone dressing up tonight?
It's a big, big night for 8yo candy-deprived (in her mind!) little girls.

LMC will fall back on her favorite, a cat, black like ours of course. I never dress up but stole an idea from an old gray haired lady this week at lunch. See if you can guess, if you've seen it before, keep quiet!

I will wear a giant red "P" on my chest and have black make up on one eye, much like Still Waters avatar. What am I? Ha!

Have a ghoulishly good time everyone!

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Coyote,

How was the trick or treating? Did LMC get lots of loot?

Miss
Old 11-01-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awakening

Oh, man it was just perfect. We have friends whose parents own a big old 100yo house on an historic street here. About every 2nd or 3 rd house really decorates and kids from all over town come to this street.....tons of action.

We made 4 or 5 long blocks, then back.......lots of candy!

But the best was, we ran across this lady who is the youth director at the church where we meet for Alanon, she and LMC are buds. It was her husbands birthday, so he's a really creepy zombie every year, scares the crap outta LMC. She had her 180 lb Mastiff, "Fifi" with her. That dog was the biggest love muffin, just layed there and let LMC maul her for 15 minutes straight. LMC was in "dog" heaven.

Then we went back to the "big" house and LMC got to give out the candy. Lots of great costumes, and people had fun trying to guess what the hell I was!

Thanks for asking!

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I got stuck going to an adult party, instead of trick or treating. Next year I'm renting a little kid, I swear.

I did win the costume contest though.

coyote - the people who had the party had a "water dog". That was one of the biggest dogs I've ever seen in my life. And a big baby too.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Okay Miss and Still. I can't guess. What did each of you go dressed up as? I'm dying of curiosity.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was a witch, s was a skeleton and d was a baby bat, we only trick or treated 5 houses (and I had to run round them first with supplies asking them if it was okay if we came round, we were on holiday with my mum, in a complex very favored by the over 60's some of whom in wales can be very against hallowe'en)

S had an "awesome" time though! Mum decorated the cottage with balloons and skeletons and we made a jack-o-lantern from a butternut squash (because they had sold out of pumpkins) we were in the grounds of a castle and there were suits of armour to hide ghosts in. we had a top time.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Jen,

That's so cool!

Tigger,

I didn't dress up but made Halloween brownies for my friends with kids. My dog (insert cutest photo ever) was a shark.

So glad folks had fun.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Talking

I had such a great Halloween. The kids and I went down to my parents' vineyard for their Halloween party and stayed the whole weekend. My 10yo was a punk rock zombie, my 3yo was a fairy princess, and I was...Lorraina Bobbit. We had a great time. The best part is that, when I got home, my uncle had come by and cleaned my entire house and even left me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. It was the nicest thing anyone has done for me in a really long time. I had recently told him how much my messy house was plaguing me, and how overwhelmed I was with the task of cleaning it. I can't describe how messy it was. When I came home, it was like one of those home improvement shows where the family sees their new house.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

WOW - very cool, Wanting! You are blessed! Love your costume ROFL
Old 11-01-2009, 05:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

We always have a Halloween Party......we dec out the backyard and patio with Spooky Decorations and dress up.... adults and kids and go trick or treating around the close where we live. Its really fun and the littlies just love it! We had a great time. Halloween is getting bigger here in Australia every year but my husband and I love giving our friends and the kids a lovely party......we had so much fun! Phiz :0)
Old 11-01-2009, 05:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I really enjoyed reading the happy stories. Thanks, Coyote, for starting this thread.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am so glad people were having a great time Trapeze, you're right, it is great hearing everyone's stories.

In the Uk we have bonfire night on the 5th (and in case any one reads up on it/knows about it or is catholic: the vast vast vast majority of us are simply celebrating being outside and lighting fires and having toffee apples and fireworks, I am not celebrating the putting to death by burning of religious minorities ).

I might celebrate thanksgiving too LOL, my dad lives in the US half of the year, so I have a very tenuous connection.

I LOVE autumn
Old 11-02-2009, 07:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tigger11 View Post
Okay Miss and Still. I can't guess. What did each of you go dressed up as? I'm dying of curiosity.
I usually go as a witch/vampire some sort of ghoul. It doesn't take all that much to put together. LOL. I hope to have some pics later today, I'll post them when I do.