I am motivated

Old 10-28-2009, 08:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am motivated

Right now I am so angry with my dad. He drinks and sleeps and he says he will do something and doesn't follow through.

He said the dogs had to come in out of the rain and was going to bring them in. I assumed he was going to even though I do sometimes but apparently he had been drinking and was too out of it. It was after 10PM and he was just in their curled up in the bed.

Our weather is so weird. It has been raining a lot and chilly. Now it is warm and wet. The dogs have to come in even more when it is cold or they will get sick.
One dog won't get in his house when it rains.

I am motivated to go to Al-Anon and if I have to end up telling him where I go then I will. I had just watched some 'Intervention' episodes and realized that I need to find out how to deal with this.

I am mad that he seems impossible to help. I wish I could start my own intervention and tell him to go get help. But then he would worry about his reputation and job and would not go. he won't even take anti-depressants.

I am SO sick of this. It is a family disease. I SUFFER, ,my mother Suffers. And friends and other family.

I lost my temper. Stuff fell off the walls from the door opening. I just kept saying shame shame!

I want to scream. I want to tell him what this has done to me and how it upsets me and I can never trust him.

Why does this just keep going on and on? How stubborn are these people?
Old 10-29-2009, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for how you feel over your dad's behavior, and how it affects you and the whole family. Unfortunately that is what alcoholism does so well, it damages every thing and person it touches.
You CANNOT change your dad, only he can do that and only if he is determined to do so, but you can take action for yourself to get help, learn about this disease and how to cope with some of the issues.

Going to Alanon, reading articles like in the stickies here, also Adult Children posts can help YOU handle your hassles brought about by your dad's sickness.

I wish you all the best in your situation.

God bless