My heart aches for you

Old 10-26-2009, 01:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My heart aches for you

As I read all the posts and hear the storys of addiction it saddens me to my core. With my sister being a drugg addict and a son who has an alcohol and drug problem also..Oh heck so does my husband! I can sympathize with each one here. I dont understand if the drug chooses you or if you choose the drug. As a tenager i experimented with drugs also but it was easy for me to walk away. When i had kids that changed everything for me.Idrank when i went out until I was saved I stopped it. You know its hard to be a faithful follower of Christ and teach your children that drugs and alcohol is bad when your around it 24/7. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for people with addictions and I pray for them when I pray. Its just so not fair and it makes me want to scream!!!! I dont know if I was lucky or blessed..probably blessed. My daughter escaped the addictions as I did. I get very angry with people about drug addicts because they treat them like they have leprosy or their not human. I know too that for them to get well you have to cut ties until they are ready to get clean but to just act like they are not human? I just dont understand those people. They should be thankful its not them or any of their family. Well I can cut those ties to my sister if it will get her clean. My husband? He is an ocassial drinker. My son..well he does have a problem and needs help but, I cant help him either. He doesnt drive me crazy like my sis and mom does. I know someday soon with Gods help they will all get well. Anyway, sorry for the rambling but just needed to say it. Just know you all have someone in your corner praying for you whether your an addict, alcoholic or family memeber of one or both. Thanks for listening.God Bless!
Old 10-27-2009, 06:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you for your kind words.
Its true that the "earthlings" (those who can't comprehend addiction and have never had to experience it) have judgments better left to themselves. But we who have loved ones who suffer, know that if there were a magic wand to wave, we all would be waving from the rooftops! Its out of ours hands and in our HPs

I've said it before here, and I'll say it again...Addiction is not a moral defect, its a disease.