send up prayers please!

Old 09-30-2009, 11:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Talking send up prayers please!

This morning, (well Wednesday morning now) a friend called to tell me about a job posting in my field. I checked it out and the deadline was that same day. It pays very well and is full time.

I thought ok, what the heck. Created a cover letter than pleased me, very creative and sincere (it's a writing position) and attached a resume. Thier website said to wait 10 days before calling thier office so I figured I had some time.

At 11 tonight I got an email from the Chief of Staff saying they were very excited to get my resume and giving me a writing assignment, asking it be submitted Friday! I'm soo excited and a bit scared.

Initially I was thinking I can't do this job. I would be over seeing, editing and writing for a group of 30 people in a foundation that is an umbrella group for this movement, they actually fund the organizaiton I work part time for now. Very prestigious and on the cutting edge of the movement.

So I started on the assignment and am amazed by how much I know, how easy it is to generate ideas and text.

All I know is that I will do the best I can and leave it in my HP hands. I SO need a full time job right now, all though they may ask me to move to DC. The pay will be worth it and I can move away from AH. My kids might freak out, that's the only thing.

Anyway, I"m going to bed and request prayer that whatever is in my and my childrens best interest to come alive!

thanks! g'night
Old 10-01-2009, 01:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OK prayers are being said for you!

Good luck!
Old 10-01-2009, 02:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds perfect for you, and timing good too. Best wishes and hope you get it.
Prayers heading upwards for you and success.

God bless
Old 10-01-2009, 07:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow, what synchronicity. No denying there's a bigger hand at play in this situation..

Sending you a comet of strength, creativity, and support, transform (my version of a prayer)

And hugs too, 'cause everybody could use one
Old 10-01-2009, 07:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Well, I spent some time in prayer yesterday before receiving the call. It's not kowinkeedink. i prayed for the work Creator wants me to do.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

AWESOME!!!! Can't wait for the update! It's so fun to watch HP at work!!
Old 10-01-2009, 09:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm so excited for you and will be sending prayers!
Old 10-01-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Yay! Thank you so much everyone. I've been working on the assignment; a mailer to members of the organization with an update of latest accomplishments coupled with a creative way to ask for more donations. I know how to do this, it's what I do currently at my part time job.

In this economy, working in development for non-profits is at best, tough.

Oh, and AH called with details of swapping the kids today. I no longer view him as "the man of my dreams who is misunderstood and working SO hard and needs me" and more and more as a lost soul who is making his own choices and doesn't have me to blame anymore.

Full of gratitude, calling in love, calling in serenity..
Old 10-01-2009, 12:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Excellent news!

Not a religious man by any means but I am a firm believer in karma and fate. I know the things in life that happen to me happen for a reason. I will be privy to those reasons at a later date.

Here's to the hope of a new begining for you. One that makes you and your children happy.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Good vibes !!!!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 01:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Prayers headed your way, Transform. Amazing what can happen when you hand things over to your HP!
Old 10-01-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Thank you everyone!
I'm exhausted, stayed up very late last night working on the stuff i didn't do because I applied for this job and am still behind. The exercise is due tomorrow
Funny how the older I get, the less I"m able to go without sleep.

Zac I am also not religious--am morally opposed to organized religion, but am very faithful, very much spiritual and very much in need of a job!

Tending to meltdowns and feeding kids now...
Old 10-02-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

One thing I hold to, and I don't know if they will revoke my Aethiest membership for this, hehe.

I believe Gods are in your heart. So many people pray to the same diety but from different angles. The one common thread is being good to other people and being a good person in your heart.

I try my best every day to be the best person I can be without the fear of going to a hell hanging over my head. I carry my faith in my heart and try to be a decent human being to those in my life and those I meeting in my journey through life.

I hope things work out well for you. You are a good friend and I am glad we met here. You deserve to be happy and I am confident things will work out well for you in life.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Thank you Zak. You're a great friend too. Honorable and honest.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

:praying

....that you get the job!

peace,
b
Old 10-09-2009, 11:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

UPDATE

I just got a form email about this organization saying,
While we were very impressed with your work and your qualifications, after a great deal of consideration, we have offered the position to another candidate, who has accepted.
I submitted a writing sample one week ago. They told me the process was: phone interviews next, then the top 4 candidates would be flown to DC for in person interview.

Did they do all of this in 5 business days?

I really stressed out about the writing sample. It was substandard, but I only had 24 hours to write it and deadlines are deadlines. They were thrilled when I applied. I think I screwed this up!

Whatever. Now I need to focus on getting airfare to the bi-annual conference in New Mexico mid November so I can get a freaking job there. That's where everyone and anyone who works in this industry will be and I've been offered room and registration scholarship by my current, part time employer.

I know the right job will come. This one wasn't it. Right?
Old 10-09-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Exactly right.

Oooh, New Mexico in November. How cool.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:33 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Oooh, New Mexico in November. How cool.
Well, .................................. yes and no, lol If its in Albuquerque or further north it will be downright cold, maybe even colder than the midwest. However, if its Southern NM it will still be nice, fairly warm, upper 60's to low 70's.

But, yes it is cool!!!! Sounds like a great opportunity to find exactly what you are looking for.

Love and hugs,
Old 10-09-2009, 11:39 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

It IS in Albuquerque! But it'll be warmer than Michigan!

AND it's an amaaazing experience. I went two years ago and every conversation I had was stunning. The stories are mind boggling and the tenacity of everyone involved in the face of seemingly insurmountable challenges left me charged for months.

Hopefully I can network my way into a full time job!
Old 10-09-2009, 11:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Ooh, I LOVE Albuquerque! They have The Big Enchilada fair every year! Yum! You'll love it there. The people are all so nice!

Oh, and Yes, I'm a firm believer that the reason you didn't get THAT job is because it is not right for you. Who wants to live in D.C. anyway? It's WAY too crowded, fast and stressful here! New Mexico is much more laid back and enjoyable in my opinion.