send up prayers please!

Old 10-09-2009, 12:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I can't tell you how many rejection letters I've gotten over the years. I had to quit taking them personally because I'd have a meltdown every time!

:ghug2 :ghug2
Old 10-09-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sounds like something good is heading your way!!! I'll keep praying!!!
Old 10-09-2009, 04:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Well, my boss called me today like an hour after I got this rejection email and said he needed to know today if I was going to the conference. Even though I"m part time with them, they've offered to pay my registration fee and I can share a room with like 50 hippies, so I said YES. I saw getting the rejection letter right before needing to make a decision as a sign.

Now I need to scrape together airfare. I can live on Balance Bars while I"m there, I know how to live on meager means, but I'm kind of freaked out about going. I have no idea how I"m going to pay for airfare plus my mounting bills, but what I do is sort of specialized and having all the folks there in one place who can possibly give me a job is too good to pass up.

ugh. Thanks to everyone who posted here and sent up prayers. I will keep the faith, I guess....
Old 10-09-2009, 04:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

can your family lend you a little bit? i know when im in a good financial moment i am happy to help them. or a close friend/friends?

yes i read networking was the best way to find a job, so i hope you can make it there!

in my past job i got congratulated and told i was the worst engineer ever in the same hour, i tried to fix about 7 or 8 network problems daily!! it still hurt sometimes but frequently we just laughed....

something else is cooking.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Well TC, if this
in my past job i got congratulated and told i was the worst engineer ever in the same hour,i tried to fix about 7 or 8 network problems daily!!
means you work with computers you are now an official Goddess in my books. As if there was any doubt..
Old 10-09-2009, 05:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I'm guessing the conference is coming up soon Transform? If you're an expert on a topic related to the conference or could serve on a panel, you might be able to get the conference organizers to pay your airfare.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

If you're an expert on a topic related to the conference or could serve on a panel, you might be able to get the conference organizers to pay your airfare.

Thanks LTL I wonder if it's too late for this. I missed the deadline. My employer is a sponser of the conference, and we have several speakers on panels. I think there would be political issues if I went over my employers head to get money from the conference sponsers.

Hey! I'm learning how to play the game. I'm usually such a social idiot, just charging ahead and doing what I want and hurting myself in the process. Good Gurl!

I will participate on media planeries if I can get there, Oped writing and stuff like that, but the conference is in one month so things are going berserk.

Had I not been fleeing for my life from AH I might have had it more together to do all these things in advance...but I don't want to blame him for my current problems. They're all mine now, thank you!
Old 10-10-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Transformers,

I do know that with big conferences there are typically last-minute cancelations from speakers and panel members and now would be the perfect time to let the conference organizers (to avoid conflict don't contact the conference sponsors) know that you are available to serve if they can subsidize your airfare. Not only that, it looks good on the 'ole resume!!! Worth a phone call or email maybe?
Old 10-10-2009, 09:34 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Southwest flies to Albuquerque mega-cheap.....often for less than the cost of a pint of plasma