Notices

Sunday morning

Old 09-26-2009, 01:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sunday morning

Sunday mornings used to be "What did l do last night? How much did l have ? How sick am l ? And most important : where will l get my next ?
Now it's a nice breakfast, a long walk and feeling good....

Hope you all have a good sunday !

"A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book." Irish Proverb
Old 09-26-2009, 01:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's not Sunday here yet, but I agree with your graditute! One time I got SO DRUNK on a Saturday night that when I woke up Sunday morning I thought it was Monday & I started to throw on my clothes, thinking I was late for work!!!
Sundays are much more sane now.........................Thank you-know-who.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It is Sunday here, and I agree

D
Old 09-26-2009, 02:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I don't know why we tend to remember the good times on Saturday nights, not the horrible Sunday mornings. At least until we get wise to this disease. Selective memory - it tricked me into binging so many times. Now life is predictable - and that doesn't mean boring. I can count on feeling a certain way, not hope that I won't have too bad of a hangover to function. As Penny mentioned - my first thought on Sunday mornings often was - where/when will I have my next drink? Such a tragic waste.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Sounds like a great Sunday for you.
Anyday sober is awesome.
I am off tomorrow (Our Sunday here) So I know it will be a fantastic Sunday. Especially since I wont be waking up feeling like refried crap and broke.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Refried crap and broke - yup, that about sums it up.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Smile

..i went to a party last night and was able to drive all the elderly people
home..safe and sound...yeah,feels great...lol...Ozzy
Old 09-27-2009, 02:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sunday morning now - didn't drink or smoke yesterday so no hangover blues or smelly clothes. My head is a bit spaced from lack of nicotine, but that should pass soon I hope. I wish everyone a great Sunday.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Kez

yep my first sober sunday,, love it and excellent ozboy your sober driver plan paid off!!

and yep Aysha any day sober IS awesome
Old 09-27-2009, 04:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My 11th Sunday waking feeling fresh and "Normal" as nature intended without the remnants of chemicals surging around my battered body and mind. It feels great not to be a slave to a chemical. I felt like a robot who was programmed only to get his next fix of booze most Sunday mornings and if I had no booze to drink as soon as I awoke then I would either have to resign myself to a miserable day of depression, lethargy and regrets or just go get some more booze to numb the pain of what I was doing repeatedly to myself.

What a complete and utter wreck of a person I had become.

I am grateful I am sober today!
Old 09-27-2009, 04:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

*Just to add*

The difference between how I feel now in my sobriety and how I felt before in my periods of abstinance is that I do not feel any resentment for not drinking; instead gratitute. Whereas before I would have felt like I had denied myself my right to be able to drink and that I had wasted an oppurtunity to drink. The "dry-drunk" if you will. My interpretation of course.

I actually feel relief and pleasure in waking knowing I have not gotten wasted rather than feeling like i have missed an oppurtunity and some how missed out.

Thats the difference I think between sobriety and abstinance. Just my opinion utilising my experience.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

My Sunday morning recovery routine ....

Prayer-Breakfast-Check over night shares on SR
Read and post the Daily Readings in our
Alcoholism 12 Step Support Forum.

On my way to a 11 a.m. AA meeting
lunch and fellowshiping to follow.....

hope everyone is enjoying their day!
Old 09-27-2009, 07:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Yep..Had a great Sunday breakfast. Belgiun Waffle with bacon and syrup all over all of it. Tall cold glass of milk! First pour froma new jug!! I love getting the first out of a new jug. LOL
Just took a nap already and its only 10:40 am..LOL
Just going to take it easy today.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good Morning penny. I'm grateful to not have those mornings any more either. The only thing I don't like about Sundays is that they're the day before Monday (back to work), LOL!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 08:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I agree !! The worst part for me though was that I have been trying to quit for quite awhile, so the past couple years I have been doing my best to drink without anyone knowing....it didn't happen to often, I always got caught, cause I could never just get a buzz, I would always keep going till I was insanely drunk.....But the handful of times I was actually alone for the night and got away with it, the next day was torture....Feeling like the "refried crap" and having to act normal somehow, lie after lie after lie
So glad I am finally done with that girl!!! She was not a good friend, a good wife, and I really started to hate her!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I love waking up feeling groggy or rested or whatever, but knowing however I feel is just because that is what my body feels, rather than from drink the night before.

I went to a friend's for dinner last night. I was sitting at a slight angle to the table and was wearing a loose-fitting sweater. I went to put my elbow on the table and between my angle to the table and the sweater, my elbow slipped off the table -- three times. In the past I would have been mortified, thinking, "I'm drunk! Omg, they saw that!" I would be haunted by that event, wondering how much my friends noticed and what they now thought of me. Instead it was just obvious that I needed to change my position.

So glad I'm not wasting my time thinking about that stuff these days ... Have a terrific day everyone. Life is good.