Notices

Positive thought for today 8/28/09

Old 08-28-2009, 05:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Positive thought for today 8/28/09

Your thoughts determine the type of day you will have. Fill your mind with positive ideas, suggestions, and thoughts. You will find it will change your attitude and changing your attitude can change your life. We all have the choice when it comes to our own attitude - it can be positive or it can be negative, the choice is ours. Sometimes just reading an inspirational quote or a short writing focuses my thinking in a positive way.

Today's thought: The ideal day never comes

What kind of day did we have today? Are we critical of the day's events or circumstances because they didn't meet our expectations? Based on our standards of perfection, will we ever have the perfect day?

There is no such thing as a perfect day. Today happened just the way it was supposed to, with its imperfections as well as its achievements. If it was a lousy day, it was only because we believed it was a lousy day. By the same token, today was a good day because we believed it was, not because the sun was shining or traffic was light or we got paid.

Every day is different. Some days may be enjoyable experiences while others may be difficult to get through. But each day plays an important part in our development. Instead of judging each day like a teacher grading papers, we can see each day as our teacher. What we learn from the day, as well as the attitude we have about it, is our daily lesson.

Tonight, can I see today as my teacher? What did I learn today?
Old 08-28-2009, 07:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I like this....My expectation of things are always higher than can be achieved, so I was always, even as a child, let down at Christmas, birthdays, and other special occasions.
That also became true with drugs, never getting high enough, or never feeling as good on them as I expected to.
I've had to work on this.

Penny

Penny
Old 08-28-2009, 07:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks that was really great and what I needed