Update

Old 08-24-2009, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

The addicts in my life....

Lets start with my brother, He has been clean for 10.5 months, he went to rehab then to a halfway house and relapsed, back out on the streets, then back to rehab, then jail for a few months for a probation violation, then to my moms house, thats when he realized he needed more help, so instead of going and getting High ( heroin is his DOC) he put himself into a residential rehab, its a 6 month program, he has 3 months left then will go to a sober house. He is doing great, looks amazing and is smiling ( i saw him 2 weeks ago) He calls to just tell me he loves me and misses me, instead of calling to tell me he wishes he was dead, he goes to church, works out at the gym and is going to be RE Christened at the church next week. He says he can now wake up happy i am so so proud of him, he is one of the biggest parts of my heart!! And I want to thank Judy for being his friend while he was at a low point!!

Then we have my BF who is 3 weeks off of pills, he went cold turkey while i was away at moms to see my brother for a week, he took about 30-50mg of Percoset a day, hes hanging in there but got himself fired from his job because of all of this..............and ill admit, im SO co dependant and know i shouldnt be in this relationship

Next is my father, he lives across the street from me and is prescribed pain medication from a pain clinic, 120 of 20mg Oxycontin a month and 120 5mg percoset a month, WELL he sells his so he can have money for bills, but the bills dont get paid, he buys bigger MG pills.........complains about everything and makes me crazy!!

BUT on a good note, my brother is clean, alive and happy and healthy..........Thanks for reading!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Nichole))))

Great news on your brother!!! As far as the codie-ness, well I'm one too, and I had to hit my bottom with that, just like I had to hit my bottom with the crack. I didn't come to SR until I'd been clean for about 6 months, but I surely needed help with the codie stuff, because with me, the codie-ness and the using are tied way too close together.

Getting help with the codie stuff will also help you learn to detach from your dad. Detaching doesn't mean we don't love them, it just means we let them deal with their issues and we deal with ours.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-25-2009, 09:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Amy, do you have any tips on how to work on the whole codie thing???? I need to detach for a few people and just cant do it, which is still why im with my bf that lies to me ALL the time about the smallest things!!!