Restraining Order/Peace Bond?

Old 08-24-2009, 09:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No Day But Today

Restraining Order/Peace Bond?

Hey all. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on that topic?

Yesterday, on my way home from class, first time alone since the assault, I ended up on the bus with him, and he was coming to my apartment building. (Brief history...he was evicted from the building/student housing. It states that if he returns it is trespassing and he could be arrested). I didn't think that it would bother me being around him...but I literally spent almost 3 hours shaking completely...

I have never been so afraid to run into him. I saw him twice yesterday...and it was the worst thing that could have happened. Thankfully I was with my new boy the second time and felt much safer. I knew that he was in the area a lot, but actually seeing that he's here (and knowing that he spends the night in the building still..) has made me fear for my safety...Seeing the anger he had in his eyes and now that I'm once again afraid to go anywhere alone..I'm looking into getting a restraining order/peace bond.

Thoughts or advice?
Old 08-25-2009, 01:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Document all the times he seems to be following you, stalking is against the law.

Also, if he could be arrested for being there (according to the eviction order) call someone and report him.

It's up to you, but if I was shaking for 3 hours, I think I'd take the offense...not physically, that could be dangerous, but legally.

Hugs
Old 08-25-2009, 06:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Start with reporting the current offense... trespassing in your building. That's my advice. Because if he sees that you don't require enforcement of this first boundary, why would he respect the order of protection?
Old 08-25-2009, 10:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No Day But Today

When I saw him here, I for sure called the RA to report it, but that's about all I'm allowed to do, apparently. I'm talking with the girl in charge and seeing if there's anything more I can do.

It's just tough. Like, I knew he was around a lot. I knew it. But having it thrown into my face? Much harder. And he's in this area a lot since his school is near by. However, since he's dropping out he won't be around much. That makes it worse I think though, since I'm moving back to Calgary, and I think he is too. Against his will but...ya...

I just don't know if my fear, his anger, and the assault is enough to grant a restraining order. And if it does anything for when we move back to Alberta..

Thanks guys =)