Notices

What have you done today?

Old 08-22-2009, 02:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What have you done today?

I have been yard saling, cleaned my whole house and now we are about to start grilling salmon and corn outside. I think I am going to go grocery shopping after we eat.

I am still so darn antsy though. This is day 18 for me. Tell me it gets better! I feel like I need to be doing something at all times.

Oh, and we took our dog to the park and went swimming.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Went to the men's church breakfast, did the laundry, cleaned house, am BAR-B- Q'uing some ribs, gonna weed the garden, THEN, I'll go & see "Inglorious Bastards". Pretty exciting stuff, huh?
Old 08-22-2009, 03:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, babe- It DOES did better.(!) You might set down for a mintute & catch your breath.............
Old 08-22-2009, 03:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Mowed the yard, went to the store, went to brunch with daughter and brother, and put away laundry and washed dishes. I think I deserve a break the rest of the day...
Old 08-22-2009, 03:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

washed the bed linen,then went grocery shopping and to the hardware shop and bought shelves.came home and me and the other half painted the spare bedroom.i then put together a bedside cabinet,which i am particularly glad about as i have never done anything like that before!,,ooh went for a curry at lunchtime too,,,when did i ever find time to drink???,,
Old 08-22-2009, 03:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Coffee with sponsor, first amend written and approved. Coffee with friends. Lunch. AA meeting. Coffees with friends from AA...i am knackered and very sober!
Old 08-22-2009, 03:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Went for a run, watched Red Sox vs. Yankees, made pasta with meatballs, baked cookies, about to get kids school supplies organized and do my bills and filing. Then I hope to watch a movie at home
Old 08-22-2009, 04:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Came on here to do service work
Went to my noon AA meeting
Lunch and shopping with AA friends

Came home to nap then back on line
catching up on family e mails and
to share with SR members.

My life runs smoothly and AA recovery rocks!

Well done on your sober time
Yes! you too can win over addiction
Old 08-22-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I woke up
about to get the day moving tho

D
Old 08-22-2009, 04:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

went to a meeting, came home cleaned house, cooked dinner for family. went to church. did some laundry, off to bed now.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I heated quiche for breakfast (previously frozen from a double-batch I made a few weeks ago), and then studied and did homework and studied and did homework. Wrote a paper on E.G. Poe. I played with my dogs, and then . . . homework. Now I'm going to start the lawn sprinkler and watch TV. Pretty exciting, eh?
Old 08-22-2009, 05:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I went to a nursery -- looked at plants. Went to Academy to find a hammock (no luck). Went with my mom to look at open houses (neither of us are in the market for a new home). Watched pre-season football. Watching a movie now. About to go to my parent's house for dinner. Good Saturday.

It's the night time that gets to me, though. Day 6!
Old 08-22-2009, 05:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I went to my aunt's about a 2 hr drive for the night. So my grams could visit. Stopped at the many farmers stands on the way home and got some seriosly big, fresh and cheap produce. Got 2 free twin box springs on the way home too for my king bed I got a few weeks ago. Got home and went shopping with my cousin for stuff. Cooked and ate some of the corn on the cob we ought today. It was fantastic. I felt a little rushed this morning cause I was bored way up in the mountains. But on the drive home, It was so beautiful driving all those back country roads..I couldnt help but slow down and relax. Take in the views and just be in the moment.
It does get easier. After some time you will be ok with just doing nothing sometimes. Either that or you will tire yourself out and wont have any other choice.
I have been real busy lately myself. That is really out of my regular routine. I usually just work and come home and flop. But the past month or so. I have been so busy all the time. I kinda like it. Its new for me. But I do like my down time too. And just staying in the moment can be hard. But it gets easier and is so calming.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Went for a great hike and have arrived home feeling wonderfully tired ... bliss.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I once heard someone at a meeting say basically, "if you can answer the question of what you have done today for your recovery then you have a much better chance of staying sober today." That stuck with me and it seems to make good sense. I talked to my sponsor, went to a meeting, went on SR, and called a couple friends in the program. Of course I did other fun stuff too but that wouldn't be possible without the progam stuff.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

ditto hendershot,good reply!,,i too wouldnt have done all the stuff i did if it wasnt for the 12 step recovery programme etc.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Yep yep. Sunday evening here. Got up packed some stuff, loaded up the trailer with rubbish took it to the tip, chaired a meeting at SR, talked to a friend, packed some more, chopped some wood, walked the dogs, gonna get changed and go to a meeting this eve.

Kevin
Old 08-23-2009, 12:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Faerie

Funny story, I had to give my dog a shower this morning as she rolled in cat poo, happy to say the day improved from there.......
Old 08-23-2009, 01:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I decided to stop drinking today! So this day will be a milestone for me personal!
Old 08-23-2009, 03:45 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I did absolutely nothing productive all day! Aaaaaaaaah - I love being sober!

Mike