Why does this have to be so hard

Old 08-13-2009, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why does this have to be so hard

After last night, things just keep clicking. I am starting to see little by little from an ousiders eyes. How unhealthy my life is and identifying the things he does that are wrong.
He bascially uses me as a door mat. I am his personal servent. He is a child.
In the past he has made me feel like I am the crazy one. I am starting to realize I'm not crazy he is.

My next step is to write down what my expecatations are. I'll reveiw that with my counsleor and give it to him. It sounds so easy when you say it, but I know it is NOT going to be easy. It is going to be horrible!! Am I really ready for this? Sometimes I feel strong and then I second guess myself. Geezzz....it is so hard!
Old 08-13-2009, 07:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It gets easier as the days go by, though. And some days you have huge wonderful breakthroughs. Good luck!
Old 08-13-2009, 07:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks.

Originally Posted by HOPEKNOWS View Post
It gets easier as the days go by, though. And some days you have huge wonderful breakthroughs. Good luck!
Thanks! I need the support for all of you!
Old 08-13-2009, 07:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I read a book that helped me called, "Why does He Do That?" by Lundy Bancroft. Perhaps it would be helpful to you as well.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

You are making progress and it looks good from here!

It's amazing what our world looks like when we begin to see things as they really are instead of how we hoped they were. Personal recovery is a journey. Your journey will continue to progress as you continue to make healthy choices for yourself and children.

Peace and hugs as you continue One Day At A Time
Old 08-13-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CAAW View Post
My next step is to write down what my expecatations are. I'll reveiw that with my counsleor and give it to him. It sounds so easy when you say it, but I know it is NOT going to be easy. It is going to be horrible!! Am I really ready for this? Sometimes I feel strong and then I second guess myself. Geezzz....it is so hard!
I guess this is where the personal challenge comes in and you find what your real priorities are in life. I think you've shown tremendous strength and courage so far and I don't believe you're gonna quit now!

Yes, it's hard but YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH IT TO GET TO IT! And while going "through it" you will discover wonderful things about yourself....and so will your children.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh I could have written this. I can so identify with you. Especially second guessing myself and thinking I am crazy. And I too am writing stuff down to take in to my therapist appt. tomorrow! I have so much fear at times... We cannot live like this anymore. We have one precious life and we need to be happy.

We can be here for each other!! Let us know how it goes...
Old 08-13-2009, 08:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jehnifer View Post
Oh my gosh I could have written this. I can so identify with you. Especially second guessing myself and thinking I am crazy. And I too am writing stuff down to take in to my therapist appt. tomorrow! I have so much fear at times... We cannot live like this anymore. We have one precious life and we need to be happy.

We can be here for each other!! Let us know how it goes...
Yes, I will for sure keep you posted. Do you have a functional alcoholic in your life? Do you have kids?
Good luck to you. Let us know how your appointment goes!
Old 08-13-2009, 08:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Here, let me be a codie and help you out with that:

1. I expect to be treated with respect.