What do you get?

Old 07-27-2009, 06:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What do you get?

Put two sick people together and what do you expect? I should have known better. I cant do this anymore. Well, I "can" do this, but I don't want to. How's that for standing up for my feelings?

I will not talk about him, and what he's doing or not doing. I have enough alanon to know that blaming is not the way to go. Instead I will only consider how I feel and ummm what I want... which is a real foreighn concept for me.

I am unhealthiily emmeshed in him and how he's doing on a day to day, hour to hour basis...so much so that its making me sick. It's not a physcial issue (hes not voilent)...it's emotional and mental. I dont wan to feel crazy anymore. And i know the answer is NOT expecting him to change. It's looking at MYSELF and determining ways I need to change to live a happier life with serenity.

OK so how do I get there...what do I need to do?

I want to stay completey away from him - becasue that is the only way I know that will keep me from allowing myself sucked back in. Again, it's "me" here that I need to focus on.

I feel sad, crazy and extremely mad at myself. But i know that I cannot afford to beat myself up.

Thanks for listening.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

You can do this! It gets easier with practice I promise. Good for you putting your wants and needs to the centre of your life! :ghug3
Old 07-27-2009, 07:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Oh (((((Jehnifer)))))

I know you can do this, one teeny step at a time! It sounds like you have found some new resolve which is good!

How about setting yourself up A PLAN of ACTION? Then break it down into small steps?

ie Separating finances. Decision on whether you leave or you have him leave (sometimes it's just easier to walk away). If you will be leaving look at what you can afford to rent, size of said place, will you need a storage place?, then after separation, changing email, phone numbers etc.

You know we are here for you. Thank you for letting us know how you are doing, and please keep posting because we do care so much.

Love and hugs,
Old 07-27-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

I too have to stay completely away from my AH jehnifer. It is essential for my mental well being for me to have absolutely no contact, and any small contact I've had makes me physically ill as well.

One step at a time - what steps can you take today to make your tomorrow better?