My Nephew....

Old 07-09-2009, 02:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Nephew....

He is 35 and has been addicted for many years. He and his wife seperated about 4 years ago, they were both using, he was worse than her, but the sad part is the children that get caught up in it, they have 3. After they split up, he got involved with another woman who has 2 children. I have always had this funny feeling about her and really didn't feel she was on the up and up either. Always playing the part of Miss Sweet, she lived across from me years back and men where coming and going, she worked in the corner store and if she was serving a man she would be batting her eyes, flirting, but when she was serving a woman she could barely get out a Hello.

Her one daughter is 18 and using, then she has a 6 years old. Anyway like many of our stories, he would be gone out using and she would be calling crying to my sister, she would stay then leave him then come back, upset and on the rollercoaster ride like we have all been through. I think manytimes she was using with him, but more so a heavy drinker. My nephew has made many attempts to quite, but the longest he has ever made it was 3 months, he knew he had a bad problem, it was evident that when he was trying to clean up he would go to non-stop meeting and keep in constant contact with his sponser, then fall again. He decided that he should move from here his home town, felt he was triggered to easy by people, places ect. So they moved away, he put his nose to the ground, found meetings, got a sponsor right away, plus got a job and started a little sideline job building fences, brick walls, decks. He has really started to get a good name for himself. He said alot of the time when someone wants a job done, it is the wives that our wanting something done. He just last month is One Year Clean, I know not long but the longest he has ever been.

Just last week he was hired to do a tile job, so he himself, the lady and her grandchild went with him to pick out tile. His girlfriend saw them driving, when he got home she accused him of having an affair and then called up the lady who hired him and accused her as well. So the lady who hired him called him and said she had to find someone else because there is no way she is having any of this BS going on. This is the 2nd time she has done this to him and two jobs he has lost because of her. Just a week after his Year Clean, she said to him that he was more fun when he was using. He has not seen his own 3 children in almost 2years as their mom has them and she as well moved to get her life back on track and they lived thousands of miles away, plus mom didn't want to send them that far away when she was unsure. She gained the trust in him and he has his children for the whole summer, he was just so excited. Now when his girlfriend is at work, she is calling his children or text messaging them about thier dad.

She is not concerned if he is using, she hates the fact that he is working around woman, she has even tried to talk him into having a beer, he and she knows as well that he can't even touch one drink or it just leads him futher. He has never cheated on her in the past or where there any issues of other woman. I could surely see having trust issues that he may be out using because of his past history, but that is not even an issue. He said that she is smashed on wine many nights of the weeks.

Would you not think she would be so proud of him,

Rose
Old 07-09-2009, 05:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You would think so, Rose, but sadly she is as sick or sicker than he is.

At some point he may want to take a good look at his life and decide if this is how he wants to live it.

It`s the kids I feel sorry for. They are the innocents in all this and my prayers go out for them.

Hugs
Old 07-09-2009, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

And the source of all this information is ?????
Old 07-09-2009, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know, always innocent children caught in the middle. As did mine.

He keeps incontact with his mom and brother a lot, so he had been telling them what has been going on. His mom, my sister went to visit them for a few days, they had all gone out for lunch and on the way back he had to stop at a parts place for something for his truck. My sister and her just waited in the car while he ran in, but she figured he was taking to long and what is going on, she jumped out of the car and ran into the store, a woman was helping him trying to find the part and she freaked out. So my sister saw just what he was saying.

Really it should not be any of my concern, but I am just so darn proud of him, just wish she would be. He is not saying anything that implies she is driving him to go out and use, but he is saying that he can't live life this way.

I think when a couple has a lived a life partying and one cleans up it would be very difficult.

I guess Rose should just mind her own....as if I haven't had enough drama!
Old 07-09-2009, 03:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

It's so hard to "mind your own" when you care so much about a person!
Old 07-09-2009, 03:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rose View Post

I think when a couple has a lived a life partying and one cleans up it would be very difficult.

I guess Rose should just mind her own....as if I haven't had enough drama!
I think you are onto something, here.

It is indeed hard to MYOB, when you care.