Notices

night 3

Old 07-07-2009, 09:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

night 3

Hi everyone,

just an update yesterday was night 3 of my alchol tapering (which I dont recomend) I would much perfer just quit cold turkey however I am worried about withdrawls and I have anxiety about taking medications (almost died when I was a kid from medication) anyways 3 days ago I was at a bottle and half of wine everynight to sleep started out as only a glass and grew over 6months straight. I'm glad to say that I was able to reduce it again last night to 2 and half glasses about 380ml. I know I'm not there yet but I am proud of I step towards freedom. Today I could feel the difference in my body first day in months I didn't wake up with a headace or hangover, however I felt much more like my oldself except a little on edge and anxious and a bit foggy at times through the day. I aslo get a sort of sleep apena where I wake up with a rapid pulse for a minute or so this happened before I ever started drinking think it comes from my anxiety, or least that's what my doc said before. anyways tonight I am going to continue to reduce.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats AMDDE Keep it up. When are you planning your first sober day? I look forward to reading about your recovery here.

Take Care,

NB
Old 07-07-2009, 10:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hoping within the next 2 days, in the meantime I am going to continue to taper. when do you think it would be safe to stop the taper I was thinking when I'm at 1 or less glass a night?

what do you think?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

AMDDE, what did the people at the number you called say?

D
Old 07-07-2009, 11:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

they said to cut down to 500ml I guess thats about 3/4 of a bottle from a whole bottle and then smaller and smaller didn't give that myuch detail.they also said I could do about 25ml less each day. but as so yesterday i reduced to about 3/4 but I fell asleep before fininshing so i only had about half a bottle so I figure dont want to go up so I going start with a little less than last night
Old 07-07-2009, 11:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

ok...I have no experience of tapering I'm afraid, and it's one of those medical issues we're loath to get into here.

If you haven't got a Dr, and won't be seeing one, all I can suggest is you follow the advice of the rehab people - keep doing what you're doing....until you're down to nothing, or otherwise until you feel its safe to quit.

Or - my personal choice - re-call the rehab ppl?

Hope it's done soon
D
Old 07-07-2009, 11:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you for checking it out! I'm glad you've joined us!

Love,

Lenina