Notices

Here I am again

Old 06-09-2009, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here I am again

I'm sitting at home alone having consumed a bottle of wine. My huge problem is that I never get so blasted that others think I have a huge problem....but I know. I just wanted to check in and say...I KNOW it is a problem......even if I'm not drinking like others do....thanks for listening
Golden Girl
Old 06-09-2009, 03:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Heathen

You're right, a lot of people don't drink a whole bottle of wine, alone.

But some people do.. and I think it's good that you're recognizing that that kinda indicates a problem.

Now what?
Old 06-09-2009, 03:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I've always believed that awareness is one of the major keys to recovery. If you're aware of the problem, you have the ability to do something about it.

So what's your plan?

From page 33 of the Big Book of AA........

most of us have believed that if we remained sober for a long stretch, we could thereafter drink normally. But here is a man who at fifty-five years found he was just where he had left off at thirty. We have seen the truth demonstrated again and again: "Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic." Commencing to drink after a period of sobriety, we are in a short time as bad as ever. If we are planning to stop drinking , there must be no reservation of any kind, nor any lurking notion that someday we will be immune to alcohol.

Young people may be encouraged by this manīs experience to think that they can stop, as he did, on their own will power. We doubt if many of them can do it, because none will really want to stop, and hardly one of them, because of the peculiar mental twist already acquired, will find he can win out. Several of our crowd, men of thirty or less, had been drinking only a few years, but they found themselves as helpless as those who had been drinking twenty years.

To be gravely affected, one does not necessarily have to drink a long time nor take the quantities some of us have. This is particularly true of women.

Big Book quote from the 1st edition of Alcoholics Anonymous.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with smaked. Drinking an entire bottle of wine alone sends up a big red flag!
If you really want to quit than keep posting. You will find alot of people to share their experience, hope and strength.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back GG

D
Old 06-09-2009, 04:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back GoldenGirl!

Since you believe you have a problem with alcohol, do you want to stop drinking?
Old 06-09-2009, 05:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

I too just came back and am glad you checked in. In my opinion drinking alone is a problem no matter how much it is. If you feel you have a problem, what is your next plan of action?

Chris?
Old 06-09-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Knowing that you have a problem is great. The plain to stop is the greatest problem of all
So help u get yes help is the biggest tool to get your life back on track. Good luck on your choice.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Pinisin, welcome to SR! Please take a moment to introduce yourself with your own post in our Newcomers forum. We'd love to know more about you. Good to see another member from Arizona here.