Notices

sick

Old 05-13-2009, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sick

I quit taking my shoulder pain meds two days ago (percocet)- I only took them when my shoulder was killing me, maybe one or two every 48 hrs for a month - mx (dirt bike) motorcycle injury that is getting a lot better so I quit. anyway I have been awake for close to 36 hrs now- and sweating like crazy and dont feel good at all. Is that a symptom of quitting? I didnt feel like I was addicted - I took less than the rx said actually.thought I would ask.....
dub
Old 05-13-2009, 12:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't know about percs Dub but just wanted to say that I hope you feel better soon!
Old 05-13-2009, 12:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Do you plan on seeing a Dr about all this stuff?
Or have you gone already?
Sorry if you have posted on that already.
I have a bad memory.
I seriously think you need to go see a Dr.
This insomnia thing has been goin on a long time. And its not like its no sleep for a night once in a while. You not sleeping for days all the time.
You have alot of issued here that need medical attention.
I hope you get some rest and pkease go see a dr.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

i websearched some info i'll pass along to you;

Percocet Withdrawal....Link to website-->Percocet Withdrawal
Percocet is physically addictive. Whenever you are dealing with a physical addiction it is very important to reduce the intake gradually. Abrupt discontinuation of the drug can have devastating effects on the body including seizures and convulsions. We urge you to seek professional and medical supervision before undergoing Percocet withdrawal.

Percocet withdrawal discomfort and symptoms vary depending on how long the person has been using and the amount of the drug taken at any given time. The symptoms one might experience during Percocet withdrawal include insomnia, vomiting, restlessness, diarrhea, and muscle and bone pain.

You will get through this and it will get better for you.
Just hang on and continue being in the care of your Higher Power.
Today's prayers are for you!!
Old 05-13-2009, 12:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

havent talked to the dr about this one....maybe I will give him a call. Youre right about the issues. I have a 'peferct storm' going on- but it feels far from perfect..
Old 05-13-2009, 12:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds like it is from quitting to me. How long were you on them?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Not sleeping sucks, can make your brain imagine all kinds of things. I would imagine stopping the percocet would affect your ability to sleep I've never taken them for more than a couple of days. Whenever I can't sleep I find the most boring thing on TV (like golf or local access shows or something educational...) and watch, add in a heating pad for whatever ache I'm having, perhaps a cup of tea whatever it takes.
Hope you get some sleep soon.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tanyapmc View Post
Sounds like it is from quitting to me. How long were you on them?
two months? I have been racing bikes for a while. but two months on this.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hope you will feel better soon dub. Coming off the perks sounds like a likely cause of feeling the way you are.

Just trying to cheer you up... This smilie makes me laugh.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

toomutch- you brighten me up everytime going to sleep hopfeully...........thanks- later I hope
Old 05-13-2009, 07:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
mergirl

Are you using other chems or detox from them as well?
Old 05-13-2009, 10:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by uglyeyes View Post
Are you using other chems or detox from them as well?
no- I take klonopin twice a day but havent stopped that - so no other sidebar deals going on. still awake.......amazing with the klonopin, usually knocks me out. well- I am going to lay down now- at least....
dub
Old 05-14-2009, 01:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

IF you were only taking one or two about every 48 hours, I seriously doubt you are going through any withdrawls from the Percocet. It seems too irregular for your body to get dependent on them.

I do think you have alot of other things going on that is more than likely causing the insomnia. As far as the physical symptoms, sounds like you may have a touch of the flu. Didn't you recently quit drinking? How long has it been since you drank? If you're taking Klonopin on top of all of this, your body is going through some drastic changes. You're going to have some symptoms. Unfortunately, we can't just stop putting all of the chemicals in our body without some side effects.

I think it would really be a good idea to sit down with your doctor and lay everything out on the line. For years I tried to get well but only chose to disclose bits and pieces of half truths. And the results were, well, half a$$. It's time to get honest with your doctor, Dub.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 05-14-2009, 03:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
mergirl

Sorry Dub, I thought you were still drinking as well. Feeling any better today?
Old 05-15-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by serenityqueen View Post
IF you were only taking one or two about every 48 hours, I seriously doubt you are going through any withdrawls from the Percocet. It seems too irregular for your body to get dependent on them.

I do think you have alot of other things going on that is more than likely causing the insomnia. As far as the physical symptoms, sounds like you may have a touch of the flu. Didn't you recently quit drinking? How long has it been since you drank? If you're taking Klonopin on top of all of this, your body is going through some drastic changes. You're going to have some symptoms. Unfortunately, we can't just stop putting all of the chemicals in our body without some side effects.

I think it would really be a good idea to sit down with your doctor and lay everything out on the line. For years I tried to get well but only chose to disclose bits and pieces of half truths. And the results were, well, half a$$. It's time to get honest with your doctor, Dub.

God Bless,
Judy
Hey Judy-
well havent been to sleep yet- you are always 'straightforward' and i apprecite that. best to you- by the way I dont hold back from my dr- he knows whats going on. anyway.....my heart rate is probably 200 beats per minute. maybe a bit less. God Bless you also.
dub
Old 05-15-2009, 01:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by uglyeyes View Post
Sorry Dub, I thought you were still drinking as well. Feeling any better today?
you have an interesting name- I bet you have pretty eyes. anyway- I am driniking but only like 3 per day- I thought I would die if totally cutting off- based on the posts here. I never even come near intoxicated. I feel like **** today- probably more due to other things....sleep being the main thing. daughter etc........ she called me last night at 3am to pick her up- which of course I did. Well- thats where I am at. next chapter coming up....
dub
Old 05-15-2009, 03:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Dub..I am reallly wondering what it is that you are doing about all that.
200 BPM??? I dont even have that high of a HR after hitting a crack hit.

And you have been tapering for at least a month now.

What are your intentions?
Please dont take this wrong because I think you are an awesome person.
I just see alot of issues with no solutions.

So seriously.
What are doing about it?
Do you want to quit completely? Do you want to sleep like a half way normal person?
I just dont get it. Or maybe I missed something.
I am really concerned about you. This has been goin on gor a long time.
And I am so sorry aboout your daughter too.
Again... I am concerned. I have been seeing you post this same thing for over a month now. And its gotten worse. Not better. So you understand why I am saying this?
Old 05-15-2009, 03:56 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

much love chyinita-i have tried to decrypt your name (by the way you are awesome- your music taste is good).... is it chicago and ny? no need to answer - I think I might sleep for a couple of hours- going to try. My dogs are around me - whats so weird- is they know when i dont feel good. much love
dub
Old 05-15-2009, 03:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
mergirl

I agree with chiy, it's so hard to watch people here spiral farther in to madness. I hope your on the road to recovery with us soon dub, have a good rest.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:41 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

i know i suck at this- sorry for the post. been awake too long..