Notices

sick

Old 05-15-2009, 04:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Dub I agree... You need to take action! Do something other than what you are doing now. I know I sound harsh, that's because I care about you. You need to make some changes; you cannot live in "Groundhog Day" forever.

BTW - I am praying for you and your daughter.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Lack of sleep never killed anyone. I went 72 hours in my last detox wandering the halls at 3 am. But if you are desperate, you might take a couple of Melatonin. It mimics the melatonin in our body that is supposed to make us sleepy. It's considered very safe and non habit forming. It's what my doctor recommended and I found that it's very effective.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I would say lack of sleep has killed alot of people.
Sleep is necessary to make good judgement and decisions.
People make poor choices without the proper rest.
Get in car accidents and so on.
I lived many years getting high and staying awake for 5 and 6 days at a time. Only sleeping maybe 2 days in between. And going that long without sleep is very dangerous.
I am sure it takes its toll mentally after awhile too.
We need rest to function properly.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:22 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
Dub..I am reallly wondering what it is that you are doing about all that.
200 BPM??? I dont even have that high of a HR after hitting a crack hit.

And you have been tapering for at least a month now.

What are your intentions?
Please dont take this wrong because I think you are an awesome person.
I just see alot of issues with no solutions.

So seriously.
What are doing about it?
Do you want to quit completely? Do you want to sleep like a half way normal person?
I just dont get it. Or maybe I missed something.
I am really concerned about you. This has been goin on gor a long time.
And I am so sorry aboout your daughter too.
Again... I am concerned. I have been seeing you post this same thing for over a month now. And its gotten worse. Not better. So you understand why I am saying this?
Originally Posted by Toomutch View Post
Dub I agree... You need to take action! Do something other than what you are doing now. I know I sound harsh, that's because I care about you. You need to make some changes; you cannot live in "Groundhog Day" forever.

BTW - I am praying for you and your daughter.
ok
Old 05-16-2009, 06:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I think you should keep doing what you're doing, Dub, posting here time after time, doing it your way because that's what you're going to do anyway.

Many people have advised more than once to seek medical attention, but you just keep talking over them.

You also keep drinking.

Personally I'm not going to make any more suggestions, or co-sign your BS.

God gives everyone the right to commit suicide, some quickly, some slower with the alcohol.

I have a solution for my alcoholism, thank God.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Dub, I totally second what serenityqueen said in her above post. It would be really great to see you totally "in" on your program. I know you're trying, God love you for that. But hey dub, "get with the program!" LOL!!!!
Old 05-17-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
I think you should keep doing what you're doing, Dub, posting here time after time, doing it your way because that's what you're going to do anyway.

Many people have advised more than once to seek medical attention, but you just keep talking over them.

You also keep drinking.

Personally I'm not going to make any more suggestions, or co-sign your BS.

God gives everyone the right to commit suicide, some quickly, some slower with the alcohol.

I have a solution for my alcoholism, thank God.
wow- i just cant even breathe right now- i will tough it out. this is crazy- what the crap is going on. I quit the benzo couple of days ago- think thats not helping.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:32 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

anyone ever had head shakes? i havent ever but do now- this is so weird.....my head is freeking trembling
Old 05-17-2009, 04:51 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
mergirl

Seek medical attention and addiction help, I can't think of anything else to post to you that might help.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:08 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Ded,

If I was having trouble breathing and had "head shakes" what ever those are, the last thing that would cross my mind was to "post." I would be seeking medical attention.

There is nothing more that anyone can post insofar as advice and support? What are you seeking in all of this.

If you are starting a new job, i would think you would want to get your addiction under control. Have you looked into treatment? Have you spoken to your Dr.? Have you spoken to the ER Dr's about this while you have been there in the past? What are your plans? "Toughing it out" ?? for what? Why?
Old 05-17-2009, 05:47 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Go to the hospital NOW.
Seriously, you need to get some help.
You are killing yourself with this.
I am praying for you.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:56 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have to go with the flow here Dub - you've been here a while now.

Posting's great but just telling everyone what great points they make - and then doing nothing about it doesn't do anyone any good - you're a long time dead, y'know?

For the love of Mike - breathing problems?
Go see a doctor

D
Old 05-17-2009, 06:02 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I have to go with the flow here Dub - you've been here a while now.

Posting's great but just telling everyone what great points they make - and then doing nothing about it doesn't do anyone any good - you're a long time dead, y'know?

For the love of Mike - breathing problems?
Go see a doctor

D
Sound familiar, Dub??????? I really hope you will make the decision to do what you need to do. I know what has worked for me and that is doing what other sober people tell me to do. I hope you get it soon.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:32 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Hey Dub, I'm not Math major, but I do know that some things just aren't adding up here. There's a lot going on here that I am questioning, to be quite honest.

Let me get this straight, over the past few weeks, you have been flying all over the country job hunting, the CEO from a company personally called to offer you a job, you haven't slept in days, oh, and you were diagnosed with the Swine Flu back at the end of April? And you only had to have a few IV's then you were sent home? But you did have to sign papers.

If I'm wrong here, I'll be the first to apologize but to me, it sounds like a whole lotta smoke being blown. The reason I am saying this is because I did the same thing. I came up with all kinds of things just for attention.

What happened with the job or are you managing to work at this new job throughout all of this? No sleep for days? Having the Swine Flu? "Tapering" from beer, klonopin, and now, stopping Percocets?

I've also noticed that you are very good at passing out the compliments and being very grateful for feedback. But I think it's time to cut out the BS and get honest! If not with us, at least with yourself. You're not some newbie who is clueless to what you really need to do. Get yourself into detox, stop playing the tapering game and get into treatment! Personally, until you start getting real, I have to say I'm done. . . I'm not playing into this any longer.

Judy
Old 05-17-2009, 10:46 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I was going to post tonight?But Judy?You just said everything I wanted to say(probably nicer than me-lol) Chiy did too, earlier.

Dedub? Please get help.This is your life you're playing with.No more 'yes-buts'.

I do care-but you're driving me nuts avoiding doing anything and frankly?I don't want to log in here one day and find you can't post anymore because you're no longer alive.That's where you're heading dude.Don't let it happen.

Jules xox
Old 05-18-2009, 08:47 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Hey D,
You need rehab. I have been looking at your posts for a while now and I am very worried about you and your daughter. For you? Get your ass in rehab. For your daughter? Why are you more worried about her having sex in your house than the fact that the guy she is with is a druggie?? You both need to look into going away for at least 90 days and get some medical attention. Start a new life.

I know what you are thinking now. Everyone told me to go to the doc and I finally did. It is a pain in the butt to make an appointment, get your butt in the car, get there, deal with telling your doc the truth, blah blah blah, get therapy and pay for it. But honey, it must be done. The mental and physical pain in the arse of it needs to be overcome and you need help!!!

Long distance cycling? I don't think so. Not in your condition.

You are now habituated to being sick and probably cannot remember what it is like to feel normal. Even when you do get out there and run or cycle, you may think you feel normal but you probably really don't. Stop fooling yourself. I know cause I am an alkie athlete.

You are killing yourself and so is your daughter. This has gone on long enough. Get help please!!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by serenityqueen View Post
Hey Dub, I'm not Math major, but I do know that some things just aren't adding up here. There's a lot going on here that I am questioning, to be quite honest.

Let me get this straight, over the past few weeks, you have been flying all over the country job hunting, the CEO from a company personally called to offer you a job, you haven't slept in days, oh, and you were diagnosed with the Swine Flu back at the end of April? And you only had to have a few IV's then you were sent home? But you did have to sign papers.

If I'm wrong here, I'll be the first to apologize but to me, it sounds like a whole lotta smoke being blown. The reason I am saying this is because I did the same thing. I came up with all kinds of things just for attention.

What happened with the job or are you managing to work at this new job throughout all of this? No sleep for days? Having the Swine Flu? "Tapering" from beer, klonopin, and now, stopping Percocets?

I've also noticed that you are very good at passing out the compliments and being very grateful for feedback. But I think it's time to cut out the BS and get honest! If not with us, at least with yourself. You're not some newbie who is clueless to what you really need to do. Get yourself into detox, stop playing the tapering game and get into treatment! Personally, until you start getting real, I have to say I'm done. . . I'm not playing into this any longer.

Judy
Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you.

I was actually wondering what happened to the early morning drinking? I lost track.... did you quit drinking? I might have missed something but it seems you haven't mentioned it in a while.

Whatever is happening - one thing IS clear - you need to get help Dub - professional face to face help. NOW!

Until then I am also not playing into this any longer.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:47 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Dub...

I am going to join the group here... as much as I have grown to care about you and think that you are a interesting individual, someone I would probably want to hang with in the real world... I pretty much quit following your posts, I don't understand why you don't move forward in recovery and it makes me crazy... Nothing changes, my friend, if nothing changes.

It's hard to change... but unless you want to, you won't.

Good luck man...

Mark
Old 05-18-2009, 09:53 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I was wondering if this would happen, it did, Dub you have changed nothing, you need to see a doctor and start changing.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:48 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Hey dub.
Some pretty truthful responses here.
I am not one to wash my hands of anyone tho.
But I cant keep acting like its all good either.
So I will let you know whats on my mind.
I am goin to be real honest here.
For awhile now several people have stated some really good advice.
And you sem to be like you dont hear any of it. You barely acknowledge what has been said to you.
I would like to see you respond with a your right...Maybe I should look intot hat.
Noyt.."Hey your a good person" and then keep goin on with how sick you are.
It is makin me feel like I am talkin to myself. And I am wondering why you keep postin all that stuff about how sick your gettin if you dont hear anyone.
I dont know if you know that I have a thread in the dailys I call chiy's daily inspiration.
I came across this and wanted to post it here for you.

He that will not apply new remedies must expect new evils; for time is the greatest innovator."

— Francis Bacon

I know you can do better things than just existing like you are. Gettin sicker it seems from you posts.
I will never turn my back on you. I know how that feels. And I always had my grams who never gave up on me and always believes I will make it.
And not for her being like that. I would have given up on myself a long time ago.
But you have to do something besides tellinus how much sicker your gettin.
Do you know how that may effect some people here?
To see a good person like yourself act like all is good when we know differently. It does get very frustrating.
I really hope you get some medical help and soon.