Notices

Thank god for 153 days!!

Old 05-01-2009, 04:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank god for 153 days!!

I have not posted in quite some time. Today is officially day 153. It shocks me when I really study that number. I remember back in November when I was struggling to make it to day 6. It really seems like a life time ago, but that does not mean that I dont feel the urge to use sometimes. When things are really tough and I just want a quick escape it crosses my mind. Then I allow myself to run through the entire senario of using again which includes the lies, betrayal, guilt, being broke again, and the complete and utter loss of control. That thought process is usually what brings me back to Life (Real Life). Once I can make it through those moments then im okay and i proceed with life as I have since November 29, 2008.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Glad to hear everything is going well for you! Looking back at when we were struggling to make it through one hour to where we are now is nothing short of a miracle isn't it?

Stick around. . . post more often . . . missed you!

Judy
Old 05-04-2009, 08:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

congratulations !!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Courage2BMe View Post
I have not posted in quite some time. Today is officially day 153. It shocks me when I really study that number. I remember back in November when I was struggling to make it to day 6. It really seems like a life time ago, but that does not mean that I dont feel the urge to use sometimes. When things are really tough and I just want a quick escape it crosses my mind. Then I allow myself to run through the entire senario of using again which includes the lies, betrayal, guilt, being broke again, and the complete and utter loss of control. That thought process is usually what brings me back to Life (Real Life). Once I can make it through those moments then im okay and i proceed with life as I have since November 29, 2008.
Congrats!!! What a way to go!
I like that you run through the entire scenario! In my first month of recovery, NA people always told me to "run the tape through to the end" and it really helps to keep ya straight when you do that!