Question - addiction - cell phones

Old 04-29-2009, 11:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question - addiction - cell phones

Something continually happens to my AH's cell phone. He is always losing it, two fell in the toilet, he told me today it got ran over. It just happens too often to be a coincidence. I'm suspicious.....any clues

He keeps the same #, and company, but goes through more phones than anyone I know.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you following me anvil? Why can't I post here also? This is a question I've had for a long time and never asked. I'm looking for possible answers if there are any. Why do I get the feeling you are trying to bring my thread to a halt by asking or wondering about this phone phenomenon with AH?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi NH7,
The answer is pretty commonly known among addicts, but was news to me when I first found out.

Addicts leave their cell phones with dealers as "collateral" if they are short of cash for the drugs. Later they come back with cash and get the phone back.

The A I was with also "lost" his cell phone for a week. He was a broker and no way would that man ever risk losing his phone. But he would exchange for the drug, I'm certain.

Hope this helps. I have found that the more information I have about the world of drugs, the savvier and less at risk I feel. I read the Substance Abuse forum to learn about things I never knew....to protect myself from my own naivete.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NeedingHelp7 View Post
Are you following me annville? Why can't I post here also? This is a question I've had for a long time and never asked. I'm looking for possible answers if there are any. Why do I get the feeling you are trying to bring my thread to a halt by asking or wondering about this?
Per the guidelines you can read for SR here:
Any action apparently intended to consume board space or to hamper other member postings, including the posting of essentially identical threads into different forums or identical replies into different threads. This is called cross posting and is not allowed. Duplicate threads and posts will be removed without notice.
I don't think Anvil's intention is to bring your thread to a halt at all.

I'll be honest. I get irrititated with duplicate posts on more than one forum because 1) it's against the guidelines here, and 2) it can be very confusing.

More than once I have posted a lengthy reply to someone, only to get confused later because I see the same post, without my response, wonder what happened to my reply, then realize it's been posted in several forums, and I'm reading in a different forum.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ooops, I see Anvil posted the guidelines too!
Old 04-29-2009, 12:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
OMG< i wonder which of OUR posts they will erase??? LOL
Well, technically you posted first (we must have been typing at the same time)!

I'll fasten my seat belt and wait for the tractor beam.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It looks like you got some good answers NeedingHelp7 so I will close this thread as a duplicate.

Thanks,
MG
Old 04-29-2009, 12:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I didn't think I was gonna get many replies after anvils last reply over at the sub forum, this is the reason I posted here? I didn't know duplicate posts were not allowed. I apologize, and if removed I won't argue.