Notices

Starting Over

Old 04-14-2009, 03:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting Over

Well, here I am again, back at the starting line. Hubby was on vacation last week and with him being home, the stress of the holiday I caved. Im so pissed at myself for allowing it to happen. The sad part is, I didn't even really enjoy it but I continued to do it.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good to see you back on the wagon, you can do this
Old 04-14-2009, 03:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I believe I can do this

I slipped this weekend too, Kelly. Holidays are a risky time for us. We didn't lose our sober time but we need to get back on track right away. Don't let it demoralize you! Get right back on the horse. You can do it!
Old 04-14-2009, 03:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

Originally Posted by Kelly19 View Post
I didn't even really enjoy it but I continued to do it.
I hear you Kelly. Sad and kind of scary too that we reach a point in our drinking that we no longer need excuses including enjoying it in order to drink. It's a good thing for you to see that and take a look at your reasoning of stress and the holidays. Your reasons for picking up in the first place but not reasons for continuing when you didn't enjoy it.

Beating yourself up over it won't resolve anything. Your still here. Think about your thoughts leading up to it......you saw it coming, what happened and continue seeking help.

Glad your still with us.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Just keep trying.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Kelly what were you doing to stay sober before you slipped?

Grab a sheet of paper and then write down every single thing other people do to stay sober that have been sober for a good while on it. now check off every thing you were doing before to try and stay sober.

Now next time a drink starts seeming like a good idea, pick up that piece of paper and chosse something others are doing to stay sober that you have not been doing to stay sober and start doing it.

I found that in order for me to stay sober I had to be willing to do what ever it took for me to stay sober!

Sobriety is possible for any one who is willing to do what ever it takes to stay sober! Is it easy? Heck no!!! I had to be willing to do things I really at the time did not want to do.

At first I did not want to go to AA meetings. (I love them now)
At first I did not want to call other people in AA. (I enjoy calling and getting calls form others now)
At first I did not want to take the steps. (I owe my sobriety and snity to them now)
At first I did not want to sponsor other men. (Today this is one of the greatest joys on my sobriety)

I am in AA which is what worked for me, you can substitute what ever you do not want to do now for what I mentioned, the key is to be willing to do things to stay sober even though they may be things you really do not want to do, I found that my alcoholism is what was keeping me from wanting to do what I needed to do to stay sober.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

get back and stay on the path to the light and loving-kindness today.

tomorrow is gone

just stay in today, take baby steps, and do the next right thing as best you can