I have been gone for 2 years,I'm back

Old 04-13-2009, 11:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Muf

I have been gone for 2 years,I'm back

I'm back again,I have been away for 2 years,so much has happend,to much to write.
Both of my sons are clean but I had to learn to let go of them and it worked,my oldest son have 4 1/2 years clean and sober he is married now and have a small baby now a very good job again,he did lose everything,at least he was singel back than.
my youngst son meet a girl she became pregnant after 2 month the did Crack right untill the baby was born,the baby was born addicted,he was taking away at birth,my daughter tog the baby for a month untill i had taking my foster parent,so I have had him over 2 years now.
They both went back on Crack 4 month after the baby was born,my son left the babys mother and cleaned up,she did drugs for another 12 month,I had custedy by than.We started adoption over a year ago,my son sighn the papers,he could see the baby was better with us,she didn't see the baby for over 17 month,she moved out of town a year ago,she is clean I think but has not changed,we just got the adoption.
There is some problems with the baby,Hunter is his name,he was born addicted,his first year was awful but he is getting better everyday,we don't know what the future will bring him,he is being tested a lot,I will never let him go
Muf
Muf
Old 04-13-2009, 11:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back. What an amazing story. Babies are such a gift.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Welcome Back, Muf. You have been through so so much the last 2 years. Wow. I'm happy that the baby has you. They are so vulnerable and the addicts aren't well enough to take care of even themselves much less a baby. I have a 4 month old grandson now from my addict son. Things are okay so far, but I just take it one day at a time and trust God with their well-being. I will do what I have to, when I have to and hopefully it won't come to that.

I hope that you'll keep coming back here to share and to recieve some support.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Muf,

Welcome back and thank you for the update. I am so pleased that your sons are doing well with the recovery. But I have to say I am so grateful that there are grandparents like you out there that opens theirs arms to their grandchildren. I work in foster care and have seen so many kids who have been in foster care for years and years. Basically left behind because their needs were so difficult for family members to step in. I admire you Muf. Thanks for updating us.

Hugs,
Jewelz
Old 04-14-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Muf, Thank you for the update. Hunter is Blessed to have you.

Hugs,
Chris

my AD used crack the nite b/4 her baby was born (even knowing that the baby would be born the next day) Thank God, the baby was not addicted, who knows what the future will hold for her. she's 14mo now and seems to be thriving, and AD is now 4+ mos clean.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When I was younger, I dated a young man who was addicted to crack when he was born. He was perfectly healthy and happy (though he had a lot of animosity toward his mother.) Good things can happen! And it sounds like this little one is in good hands.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Welcome back MUF! You've been missed!

You are a gem for taking your grandbaby, Thank God he has you!

So good to see you back!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Muf

Thank you nfor all your replays,the baby is being looked after by infant care program they have been watching him since birth UNTILL HE IS 5 YEARS OLD,they come to see him every two weeks right now because of him speach and,he is very bussy has lots of energy,today he went to daycare for the day at my daughters,she has a legal daycare,Hunters dad are clean 17 MONTH NOW NOT but has enough to do getting himself back on track and can't take care of a little boy,he sees him sometimes though supervised by me of cause.His dad was on CRACK FOR 10 YEARS,HIS MOM 20 YEARS SHE IS ALMOST 40 NOW,MY SON IS 37 SO IT HAS BEEN A LONG GO WITH MY BOYS,i SURE LEARNED A LOT ABOUT ENABLING IT WAS VERY TOUGH,IT WAS HARD TO LET GO OF MY SONS BACK THAN
mUF
Old 04-14-2009, 10:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((muf))) So nice to hear from you!!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Muf))))
How nice to see you again! I was wondering how you were, and how both of your sons were doing!

Muf, how wonderful for you to have your grandbaby. I'm sure it has been an uphill climb, and glad to know the little fellow is doing well.

A picture would be nice...(hint hint....LOL)

I also am a new grandmom. My oldest AS, 35 y.o. who is now in prison for the next 2 years, became the father of a little boy, born Feb. 26th.

His GF is a darling, now I'll be happy if she dumps his butt and finds a good man. Although AS is trying his darnest to manipulate her from prison.

Stick around Muf, I love to hear from you.

Hugs, nd hugs,
from one granny to another.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hi, Muff!
I *thought* that was you on my thread! LOL!

So good to hear from you.
So sorry to hear about the baby, but, wonderful to hear he's doing well now.
Babies are such a blessing!

My prayers for your family; that they may continue to thrive and bring joy to you. :praying

Shalom!
Old 04-14-2009, 05:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Thanks for reminding us abt. the importance of detachment from our grown kids.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Muf, this is the strangest thing. I thought of you the other day, found your name and looked to see the last time you were here and I think it was about 2 years ago. And then here you are today!!!

I am so happy for you that your boys are clean...and yes, the road is long.

But bless your heart for taking care of this darling baby, nobody could give a baby more love than you. This baby may have some struggles in life, but that may be what makes this child even more special.

It just tickles my heart to see you here and I hope you'll post often. You may have been gone a while, but you were never ever forgotten. You are one of the original codie gang here and will always be special to me.

Big Hugs and Lotsa Love
Old 04-14-2009, 07:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

God gives us beautiful spirits that we can touch and see in those that are close to us sometimes. You have a huge heart that will take huge breaks. Welcome back Muf.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wow Muf, a lot has happened. Through it all you received a precious gift. Hoping and praying baby Hunter has a healthy happy life, he's sure been through enough already.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I just popped in to see that my friend is back!
Good to hear from you! ... Jeepgirl
Old 04-15-2009, 12:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Muf

thank you so much ,it so nice to fell at home again.
It's funny Ann,I had a birthday card from here and Hunter was in daycare yesterday, I thought,it's been such a long time since I was here,I have been so bussy with the courts and Hunter and I'm getting older and a little tired lol.I'm so sorry for all the problems the addicts are causing,even when they clean they still have a long time to get there life together.i will se if I can find out how to get a picture of Hunter on here
God bless you all
Muf
Old 04-15-2009, 01:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That's where I saw your name and thought of you..on the birthday list. I would have sent a card but thought you were gone.

So, belated HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUF!!!
:day

Big Birthday Hugs :day1