Notices

I am so close to smoking

Old 04-09-2009, 01:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am so close to smoking

I am FIIIIIIEEEENDING!!!!
I had the worst morning ever. I didnt put my patch on until just now cause I had a CT scan and IOP today. I was starving all day. Woke up to screaming and barking. Couldnt have coffee. Didnt get home until about 3.
I just put the patch on. I am hoping this craving will pass. I just want one. Just ONE!!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 01:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

No.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
This may be true or not for you, but most cravings pass within 3-5 minutes. Do your best to ride them out.

And I have to agree with Suki. No.

Congrats on your new job. You won't show up smelling like an ashtray
Old 04-09-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This craving has been lasting all day. I think the patch is kicking in. Cause the pit of my stomach isnt craving anymore. Its just my mind so it is calming. And I just tore up a dum dum..Stick and all..LOL
I didnt eat the stick..just chewed the hell out of it.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Don't do it. I smoked a single cigarette last night after a few smokeless days and the sore throat that was on its way out? Now it's an official sore throat sickness. Owie. Keep it up with the dumdums.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can get past this...Don't cave now!! Rip open another dumdum...What's your favorite flavor ?
Old 04-09-2009, 08:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I made it!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 08:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's fantastic Chi,
Great day for you. Good luck with the job!
Old 04-09-2009, 10:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So glad to hear you made it through chiy, good luck in your new job.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad you made it through Chi.

We just have to remember all cravings pass as long as we don't smoke, although I know it is hard to believe that at the time.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Chiynita, I really want to try to stop smoking but I'm scared of the with drawls.
I'm going to talk to my doctor today about the patch but I thought I would come on here and ask you how you like the patch? Dose it help with cravings etc...
Old 04-10-2009, 09:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I know this isn't the most inspiring and positive thing to say, but I've gotta be honest, even after 4+ years I still have an occasional craving or urge.

I was vacuuming and dusting the showroom this morning, came in early to do that since we had to lay off our cleaning crew a few months ago. So I'm pushing the vacuum around and this strong craving comes out of nowhere....wouldn't it be nice to have a big dip of Copenhagen snuff in my cheek right now......yyyuuummmmm.

A few minutes passed and the thought totally left my mind. And thinking back on it, that would've tasted really nasty.

My Dad quit smoking almost 50 years ago, and says he still has cravings. Freaky.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
I know this isn't the most inspiring and positive thing to say, but I've gotta be honest, even after 4+ years I still have an occasional craving or urge.

I was vacuuming and dusting the showroom this morning, came in early to do that since we had to lay off our cleaning crew a few months ago. So I'm pushing the vacuum around and this strong craving comes out of nowhere....wouldn't it be nice to have a big dip of Copenhagen snuff in my cheek right now......yyyuuummmmm.

A few minutes passed and the thought totally left my mind. And thinking back on it, that would've tasted really nasty.

My Dad quit smoking almost 50 years ago, and says he still has cravings. Freaky.
Better to have the odd craving which is only a feeling than a constant cough, inability to breathe properly, pains in limbs, stink to high heavens and the risk of lung cancer, heart disease and other life threatening illnesses.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

((Kat)) - I'm not ((Trish)), but I'm using the patch and it's help me a lot...about to put one on for the 7th day. I tried to cold turkey, last time, and was really, really irritable. Of course, that time, I also quit only to save money, too...heart just wasn't in it.

I did notice, the other day, when I was away from home, it was time for a new patch and I didn't have one, I got a bit irritable. All was fine when I got home and put on a new patch...could be the patch, could be my mind telling me that..who knows? I just know it has helped me a lot. I got the generic ones from walmart...have to tape them on, as they don't stick as well, but they only cost $16...way cheaper than the cigs.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 04-13-2009, 01:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congratulations Chiynita! You took positive action by posting to this board FIRST! ! ! ! ! I am so glad you made it through without picking up a cigarette.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good job Trish (and Amy)!!! I've tried. I'm still taking the Chantix and I'm WAY down but still smoking. I wish they would make me gag or something. Trish, don't smoke even one. If I would get up in the morning and not smoke one, I think I could go all day but that one in the morning....kinda wakes up the need. I might try not smoking one before I go to bed. I'm down to about 5 a day. Between my husband and I, we are smoking (combined), just under one pack a day. That's way down as he was at least a 2 pack a day guy and I was at a pack a day, maybe more on bad days. I don't know why I'm so scared. I guess I'm scared of failing.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

How did the new job go?
Old 04-13-2009, 01:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

New job is good.
Thx for asking.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:14 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I have been wanting a cig all day today.
Day off. Tired as hell. Didnt do what I had to do today. Gram is sick. I think I am getting it too.
Arguing with the gram over her bitchin at me all the time for things she should be telling my cousin..not me.
og is driving me crazy and pissing me off with the crapping in the house and pulling the cat crap out of the box. I dont want to give her away. But I am this close. I cant handle it anymore. She chewed through her leash.
I have to go to court tonight and ask for an extension on ym ticket. My license is going to be suspended after today anyway from a DMV fine I cant pay.
My satellite was shut off yesterday. Who knows how long before internet and phone go down. I have to have my car insurance post marked by Fri or I am losing that too. I dont have enough for that.
I want a dam cigarette.
But through all that whining and bitchin..I still havent brought myself to go get one.
Just one is all I want. And I havent even tried to get it.
I guess I am going to want all I want..But I am not going to get it.
Ok..End rant.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:01 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Your Awesome Chiynita
I laughed when I read your post because I thought about my experiences with visiting pets/cat boxes and dog poop. It was so bad I didn't dare walk bare foot in the house, especially when it was dark.

I just scrambled money to pay my car insurance before it was canceled today and figured out how to pay a month at a time. My satellite TV has been gone for 9 months and the free digital converter boxes are just fine. It don't have any tickets though and I guess I will drive careful.

I guess I will drive extra careful because I don't want to add the "talking to the judge" thing to my list right now.

But you know what, we are sober, we don't smoke and we will be fine! We're just being qualified for a very important position that our higher power has planned for us. Such a training program, I can't wait for my promotion!!