Notices

Argh...People!

Old 03-26-2009, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Argh...People!

What do you do when everyone EVERYWHERE is getting on your nerves, big time?

This is within all aspects of my life...I wish I could find someplace to go where no one is. I need some peace. I desperately need peace now. I can't wait anymore...I'm going out of my head.

Nothing works...no positive thinking, nothing. Do I just ride out the storm? I'd really like to break things.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm on xanax,sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn't. I'm trying to quit them again. ( 5 days without one) And I'm just trying to ride the storm out. Oh yeah,the rebound anxiety is worse then the anxiety I had when I was first prescribed.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Hi Bam, I know what your sayin... hug hang in there, it will pass
Old 03-26-2009, 05:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

A cigarette would be so nice right now. It's been about 4 months since I've had one. I usually never want one, but every now and again...
Old 03-26-2009, 06:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Bought a pack of cigs. Smoked one. Wow, felt really weird on my throat. I'm still edgy, but it cut down the intensity a bit. I'm going to eat some food, try to do some writing, and then hopefully I can fall asleep.

Cigs are bad, but it's better than booze right now. I need to make it over the next few days. Tonight is definetly harder than the night before.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Since I stopped drinking I'm finding I smoke like a chimney. It's bad for me, but not as bad as alcohol.

Hang in there Bam! Hugs coming your way.:ghug3 THis too shall pass.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
it's a movie, you're the star

hey bam,

i can relate to the funk you describe. first off, i'd go through the check list of "basic needs".. are you: hungry? angry? lonely? tired? next, i'd try to fix any of those: eat something, resolve a resentment, etc..

Best thing for me when I'm cranky is taking a nap. I have a feeling I'll be napping all weekend
Old 03-27-2009, 08:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
cmc

Hey Bam....what I try to do is sort out if my anxiety is from something inside or outside of me. By that I guess I mean that the outside stuff is stuff that I can learn to let go of or learn to detach from when I can't escape whatever it is that upsets me. On the other hand as was mentioned (HALT) sometimes with me it's a physical condition that I need to attend to. What works for me usually is some good self care and nurture plus making sure I am physically okay by seeing my dr if things don't improve.
Sheesh...my entire recovery in Al-Anon is all about keeping my own serenity despite what goes on around me.
I hope you are feeling better today.