Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

"NEWCOMERS!!!" Please read and let me hear your feedback on what you want.......

Notices

"NEWCOMERS!!!" Please read and let me hear your feedback on what you want.......

Old 03-26-2009, 03:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking "NEWCOMERS!!!" Please read and let me hear your feedback on what you want.......

I really don't want to put anything in here, I really would like to see what the majority wants.

Please PM me, or add to this thread.

I would like the Wednesday night meetings to be for Beginners & Newcomers.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think it sounds like a great idea, but I have class on wednesdays and after that a meeting I go to here so I have prior obligations... I really want to check out a meeting online though I have never done one before I think it would be interesting to see how they moderate them and everything. Are they an hour like other meetings or longer/shorter? Anyway nevertheless as soon as I get my laptop fixed I will be alot more regular and check out chat and the meetings... Im so happy I found this site its wonderful!!!!!

-Christina-
Old 03-26-2009, 05:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chrissy43623 View Post
I think it sounds like a great idea, but I have class on wednesdays and after that a meeting I go to here so I have prior obligations... I really want to check out a meeting online though I have never done one before I think it would be interesting to see how they moderate them and everything. Are they an hour like other meetings or longer/shorter? Anyway nevertheless as soon as I get my laptop fixed I will be alot more regular and check out chat and the meetings... Im so happy I found this site its wonderful!!!!!

-Christina-
Yes, they are an hour long and pretty much like a regular meeting but you get to do it in the comfort of where ever your butt is......and in PJ's too if you want.

Even so, your opinion matters also. Let me know. TY!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 05:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Vegi...I think I already PM'd u on this, sorry if it is a ditto....I DO think that it would be great to have a Newcomers meeting on Wed. I have seen a real increase in the Newcomer category just since I have been on SR, 15 days, being a Newcomer myself.
I like many I am sure have many questions and now that I have had an opportunity to meet and share with all on Chat....I KNOW there is a wealth of information there.
Thanks for asking! PS...it might even be a good idea to either have a thread or post about how to "work" the Chat room, it was a bit confusing to me at first because sometimes those boards ROLL...lol!
Old 03-27-2009, 04:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TiredofTired View Post
Hi Vegi...I think I already PM'd u on this, sorry if it is a ditto....I DO think that it would be great to have a Newcomers meeting on Wed. I have seen a real increase in the Newcomer category just since I have been on SR, 15 days, being a Newcomer myself.
I like many I am sure have many questions and now that I have had an opportunity to meet and share with all on Chat....I KNOW there is a wealth of information there.
Thanks for asking! PS...it might even be a good idea to either have a thread or post about how to "work" the Chat room, it was a bit confusing to me at first because sometimes those boards ROLL...lol!
I agree Tired!! You all have great input. I'm going to poke our mods with a stick (mattcake??? ) and see if they can help us with a poll or something. Maybe stick this thread or a new one some where so it doesn't go away or over to the next page.

I have seen a lot more newcomers too, you're right. I know the Mods have noticed too, so I think this will be great!!

Thanks again Tired, Grateful and Pancake!!!

Caitlin
Old 03-28-2009, 04:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

bumping