Thank you to everyone

Old 03-21-2009, 09:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you to everyone

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who has taken the time to help me and LISTEN to me over the past week or so. I have been with my partner for over 3 years now, 2 of them, he has struggled with alcohol. It has only been over the past week, after speaking to you all on this forum that I have changed for the better.

Today I went out for lunch with my family and left AF at home for over an hour and came back and he was ok. He rang me half way through lunch but i did not come home. I took him to get medication this morning at his request and when the doctors was closed he bought alcohol. Instead of looking for another medical centre, I drove home.

I have left the choices up to him now. If he wants to go to rehab, he can make the calls, If he wants to get better, he can organise it. I have stopped buying him alcohol and i have stopped all my 'enabling' characteristics.

I feel as though my life has a little direction now and i can see that my AF has choices himself. Although i will still be here to support him along the way, i refuse to fall into the hole with him.

I just want to say a big thank you to all the people who really do care. you are doing amazing things in peoples lives, people like me who have no one else to turn to, no one else that can understand what i am going through.

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Old 03-22-2009, 08:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Thanks to you Wants2help, it is a wonderful thing to hear that you have found your direction again and inner strength to help you through this time in your life story,

Whatever happens, where ever life takes you now, we are here for you to offer support and our experiences, and I truely hope that things carry on in this positive trait for you,

Much love and blessings
Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:ghug2
Old 03-22-2009, 08:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just remember, you are not alone, and we are here to support you! :ghug :ghug
Old 03-22-2009, 05:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hugs, ((((( wants2help ))))