Notices

Thinking bad thoughts

Old 03-13-2009, 09:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thinking bad thoughts

I just got out of detox yesterday for mixing mainly benzos (or any other prescriptions I could get) with vodka. They wanted me to stay for inpatient but I would have had to wait for a bed and I don't have insurance.

I did ok yesterday, but my mom told me that she just got a prescription for xanax and my dad just had surgery and has all kinds of scrips for norcos and stuff.

I never actually stole presriptions from them but I was sooooo tempted today to go to their house and take a couple while they were gone. I wonder if I should tell them to hide them because they just leave them out.

I don't know I wont see my outpatient counsler until Monday. I know what the right thing to do is but it obviously hasnt worked for me in the past.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Might be wise to let them know what your thinking. I dont know why they would tell you type of scripts they have if they know you just got out of detox. But I find that telling on myself has saved me alot. Better safe than sorry.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

bad daughter

She told me because my grandma just died and she said the doctor gave them to her to help her get through it. But I was thinking the same thing because right when she told me I zoned in on it and can't quit thinking about it.

I feel so bad that I would do that after she just lost her mother.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

That is what addiction does to us sometimes. Nothing to be ashamed of yet. Just dont act on it. And take whatever measures you need to take to make sure you dont. I know if it were me. I would feel even worse if I did cave and take them. Especially in that type of a situation. I think they would proud of you for telling them your concerns. And I am sure they would do everything they could to help you avoid making that mistake.
I am sorry for your loss. Good luck.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
it's a movie, you're the star

Hey! Thank you so much for sharing, and for telling on yourself. Very brave and admirable of you! I'm the poster child for pillmatic thief - I often went wild in my parent's medicine cabinet, and I completely regret not taking the time to just ask them to lock things up when i was doing it then. You JUST detoxed, and honestly, I'm still detoxing from Benzo's and it's difficult. Why risk relapsing now when it would just mean prolonging your withrawls?!? Make life easier and speak up for yourself!
Old 03-13-2009, 11:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

First thing: tell them !!!
When I got out of detox, I went and stayed with my mom for a month. I knew my detox would have been completely pointless if I did not tell my mom. I abused painpills and she and her husband had a LOT of them at the house. They both take them (as prescribed)
I HAD to tell them to hide them from me or I would find them. I knew myself and my addiction. They ended up putting them in a locked closet and kept the key. It sounds sad that I had to have them do that but it's just what had to be done for myself. Addicts will find ways to use even if they just came out of detox, the temptations are just to strong. Especially until you have some clean time under your belt.