Notices

Could use some encouragement

Old 03-12-2009, 11:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

Could use some encouragement

Hey guys/gals. I could really use some help right now. Detoxing and Pregnant. Could I feel any worse? Ive done the math and it isnt possible. The worst is being so ******* tired and also no patience or motivation. I toss and turn and cannot fathom getting through tomorrow. I truly pray that God will get me through this. Im not exactly excited about my pregnancy and neither is my husband. I just cant believe this is my life right now. Im really having a hard time getting through this detox. Any advice/encouragement or stories would be appreciated.
Thanks again-
Old 03-12-2009, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I really don't have any advice. All I can say is remember the baby and I wish you the best with you rdetox. Do you think that you need medical supervision?
Old 03-12-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Early pregnancy is hard on a lot of women, regardless of other circumstances. Perhaps that's adding to your discomfort.

If you plan to carry this baby, though, this is just something you're going to have to get through. As much as our addiction affects all those around us, it affects those inside us so much more.

There's a chance that your current state might open up a few more recovery options for you. Time to make some calls?

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 03-12-2009, 12:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

P.S. How far along are you?
Old 03-12-2009, 12:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

I am 7 weeks pregnant.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

aww, sweetie, I haven't been pregnant OR had to detox but I've seen enough friends go through both to know that neither is easy, and together they've got to be pretty darned tough.

I don't know what you're detoxing from, but detoxes only SEEM like they last forever. It takes our bodies time to get rid of all the stuff we've been putting into them.

I'm sorry you're struggling, but I hope you get to feeling a bit better soon.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Amy
Old 03-12-2009, 10:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Trust me Nalla, it's entirely mathematically possible for you to feel worse. All you gotta do is fail at your current attempt, and go back on the pills again for awhile. Next time you go to stop, you'll feel even worse. I know this from many, many personal experiences, as well as testimonials from others who've had the same thing happen.

And the fact that you are pregnant will only add to this misery, because you'll have additional guilt (which would be deserved, I might add) to pile on top of the detox when that time came around ... if it even does.

Look, you got no choice here, Nalla. Now is the time. It's never gonna get any easier down the road, trust me on this. You're looking at 5-7 days, TOPS, and then you'll be feeling much better. You can do it girlfriend!

Oh, and one more thing ... if I were you right now, I'd be camped out at some NA or AA meeting hall doing like 3 meetings a friggin day, and reading program literature when I wasn't there. But that's just me
Old 03-13-2009, 03:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Some French tart....

Nalla - you CAN do it!!

I've just woken up and I immediately thought about you. How did your evening and night go?

What Amy and Bvaljalo said makes a lot of sense. You have already gotten so far, it would only make it a lot harder doing a second time around.
However YOU is YOU, and only you can decide.

Much love as always. I'm here for you if you need to talk.
Ingrid
Old 03-13-2009, 06:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

7 weeks pregnant was horrible for me - so tired I thought I would stop breathing! You know when you fall asleep just because you sat on the bed to put your shoes on, and you wake up one hour later!

It gets better, pregnancy and detox! Detox in a few days, the pregnancy tiredness usually goes after the 12th week but it can be sooner. As soon as you start showing and people start giving you a bit of consideration, you don't need it anymore, lol!

On unwanted pregnancies, my 2nd pregnancy was very much unwanted by me. Let me say, I wouldn't be without her now! These things tend to work out for the best! Luv LBx
Old 03-13-2009, 08:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

Thanks guys this is really helping.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hang tough Nalla. I thought about how you were doing this morning after I woke up.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Seven weeks prego???? Awwww...poor baby mama!! It will be alright sweetie....YOU ARE SUPPOSED to feel like **** right now....I know...I know...you want what you want ....when you want it!!!!
Depression is a pretty normal states for us accicts anyway...Par for the course...
Make a gratitude list....
You can do it
Grateful that you have a PLACE where you can resrt and detox...sure beats a park bench!!!! And addiction leads many down that road!!!
You have sweet healthy babies...
Go to the store and get some healthy snacks,,,,drink some good juices...tea...
Take a oil bath..
watch something on the tube that makes you feel good
Hey what about the meeting thing?? Are you checking into that??? Nalla I would NEVER be able to make it without my friends in recovery...
Do you have a recovery book of some kind to inspire you???????
Write me back...
loves ya little mama!!!
north
Old 03-13-2009, 04:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nallabelle View Post
Hey guys/gals. I could really use some help right now. Detoxing and Pregnant. Could I feel any worse? Ive done the math and it isnt possible. The worst is being so ******* tired and also no patience or motivation. I toss and turn and cannot fathom getting through tomorrow. I truly pray that God will get me through this. Im not exactly excited about my pregnancy and neither is my husband. I just cant believe this is my life right now. Im really having a hard time getting through this detox. Any advice/encouragement or stories would be appreciated.
Thanks again-
Hello Nallabelle. I've read on the Internet on another forum that going through withdrawals while pregnant is REAL dangerous for the baby. I don't know if this is true or not, but I would check with a doctor just to be sure. I don't mean to startle you or anything.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

Northbelle- You are so positive and inspiring. If only it were as easy as you make it seem! I dont have a recovery book but if you could recommend one that would be great. I am also about to go to Cleveland for a week to visit family. That should force me into getting over this. Wish I wasnt so depressed, unmotivated and tired.

Dave- I have heard that before too. Thankfully prior to knowing I was pregnant I had already started tapering down. Also, I wasnt taking THAT much by most peoples standards anyway (maybe 80ish mg of anything pain killer). Once I graduated college 3 weeks ago, I began tapering. I wasnt even on as much as I was prescribed for a car accident during my first pregnancy (and the dr knew I was pregnant). Anyway still drugs and babies are a bad combonation. Wish I was stronger mentally and physically than I am.
Thanks everyone.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi I was 26 weeks pregnant when I relapsed for one week on alcohol, I had been clean all throughout my pregnancy my thread is on here too if it might help you to look it up. I ended up detoxing in hospital I guess it was the safest option, it only gets better but you can't and should not do it on your own. Pregnany hormone wise and with all the changes that happen in your body is already hard enough on a physical and emotional level. Get help. I only have two more weeks to go but without the extra support I probably would be still struggling so much more.

Just remember you are not alone.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Nalla,
First congrats on the pregnancy. I was also pregnant when I detoxed the first time 3 yrs ago. It took a couple weeks to start feeling better but it did pass. I know first hand it is hard. What made it even harder for me was that my Dr prescribed me percs during my pregnancy for a back injury. In my mind that made taking them while being pregnant OK. Well, it's not.
If you can get some type of f2f support from people who have been there. Even though you are pregnant you are not immune from the cravings and mental confusion that comes after detoxing.I wish you the best and feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Be strong girl...YOU can do this
Old 03-14-2009, 06:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi, I've also heard that detox can be very dangerous while pregnant. You owe it to yourself and the baby to seek medical attention. Because you're pregnant you are responsible for more than just you now. And this puts a whole new spin on your recovery. You can do this!
You and your baby will be in my prayers. :praying
Old 03-14-2009, 09:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I feel so danged blessed that I did not have to detox off any opiates while pregnant. I got pregnant with my youngest when I was still "just" getting my pills from my health care provider. I was not really addicted yet. Getting pregnant for me was a huge reason not to take them anymore. A few years later...I cannot even imagine. Although I imagine the new BABY would be a huge incentive to stay clean!
Old 03-14-2009, 11:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nallabelle View Post
Northbelle- You are so positive and inspiring. If only it were as easy as you make it seem! I dont have a recovery book but if you could recommend one that would be great. I am also about to go to Cleveland for a week to visit family. That should force me into getting over this. Wish I wasnt so depressed, unmotivated and tired.

Dave- I have heard that before too. Thankfully prior to knowing I was pregnant I had already started tapering down. Also, I wasnt taking THAT much by most peoples standards anyway (maybe 80ish mg of anything pain killer). Once I graduated college 3 weeks ago, I began tapering. I wasnt even on as much as I was prescribed for a car accident during my first pregnancy (and the dr knew I was pregnant). Anyway still drugs and babies are a bad combonation. Wish I was stronger mentally and physically than I am.
Thanks everyone.
Congrats on your pregnancy!

Oh how do I remember what you are going through. Cold turkey! Yuck! Let me tell you honey, it does get better. Around my second trimester I felt fabulous. I didn't have a craving, no anxiety, nothing. I was cured! Amazingly, I wasn't an addict anymore! Seriously, I felt that amazing. I didn't even think it was strange that when I thought about the delivery, at times I was a little too excited about the thought of getting morphine and percocets every 4 hours. (Addict thinking).

I thought I would never touch another pill again and I didn't, until delivery day! The perks of having a c-section, along with bringing a beautiful baby girl home (unplanned but much loved), is a 30 count bottle of Percocets! The bottle was hidden and dispensed to me by my husband or sister. Even still, that did it. I was off to the races again. Finally, one day I was so sick and tired. Sick and tired of living my life around a pill. It was March 2007 when I went to my first meeting. I tripped up a little bit the first couple of weeks, but last month I celebrated 18 months sober.

If I could stress one thing to you it would be to get a network started ASAP. Go to every meeting you can. Whether it be AA or NA. That was a mistake I made.

You can do it. I will keep you in my prayers. Feel free to send me a private message if you want to talk further or have any questions.