Notices

36 hour clean

Old 03-11-2009, 12:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

36 hour clean

So its been about 36 hours with steve erkles (percs, oxys, etc) a little philly nick name thrown at you. and so far this crap sucks real bad. i think i slept a total of 4 hours combine between the last two nights. Occasionally waking up to vomit. i had to smoke a blunt last night to rest my stomach and help me fall asleep ( i know burning trees isn't a good habit, but its not an addiction, just recreational.) i find it funny that i can control my self with that and drinking, but when it comes to hell's version of Pez i have no control. and DAstageBear i would have been pissed about the sarcasm, if i wasnt such a sarcastic person my self. i also took your advice about some meetings, i was wondering if you could hook me up in a pm with some locations. i went to this place on 15th n walnut in center city called Rehab after Work tuesday night and it is not for me. it was an overwhelming experience i felt way out of place and that **** was just too dam long. its 2 and half hours every tuesday wednsday thursday and saturday, the saturday morning one is the family sit in sessions, which i can't do being i can't tell my family i still am a disaster piece. i already moved out and i have a 6 year old and 11 year old litter brother they already got enough on their plate it was too much to handle. that just takes up to much time...all the advice and support given to me has been motivational, my next question is how do i keep up with my normal activities. i work 40 hours a week and play ice hockey 5 days a week..trying to do this while battling withdraw is taking a number on me and its only day 2.. how bad should i expect things to get? and any suggestions on how to keep my normal life while doing this. missing work is not an option.

Thanks for everything

~m
Old 03-11-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Originally Posted by Quest4freedom View Post
DAstageBear i would have been pissed about the sarcasm, if i wasnt such a sarcastic person my self.
Finally, someone gets me! Must be because of the Philly connection!

Originally Posted by Quest4freedom View Post
i was wondering if you could hook me up in a pm with some locations.
You bet. I will go by the location you chose for Rehab After Work (which isn't a bad idea for you maybe in the future, after you detox).

Look for a PM.

No longer discouraged by the bear bashing here, I remain,
Old 03-11-2009, 01:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Try AA. There only hour long meetings. I'm an addict (oxys) and have been going to AA for 7 months. It works too..well -It's worked for me.

It took me 7 days to w/Draw, Then months of cravings. You feel like you might die, but
It's only your mind screwing with you. Try to get support..AA..NA.
Good luck.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Friend

Hey Q4f - philly gal here =) Currently looking to hit up some meetings (as I'm overcoming the Devil's pez as well) haha, hey, I like that! My fiance and I are actually in a suboxone recovery program in the area, but I'd like to finally explore the na/aa thing. I'm not really that into it, yet, but I figure it can't hurt to try and the worst that can happen is...well...let's not go there! Anywho, been looking for some non-secular recovery grps, but have mostly only found online meetings and would like to get some f2f w/other addicts. My fiance is awesome, but once in a while I'm sure I want to make him rip his hair out with all my 5hiz - seeing as he's going through it too.

Anyway - if you find some meetings you're into or have any questions - let me know! Can't give you too much advice about quitting c/t, b/c it never worked for me (I'm sorta a baby w/detox) but it's really life after the pez that got me--- hence the need for some group meetings, lifestyle and social setting changes, etc. you CAN do this! Stick around here...lotsa good people, lotsa (mostly) great advice!
Old 03-11-2009, 02:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Quest

I am on day 12 of my detox from suboxone. before that it was 1yr OC's recreationally. Then 160-240mg everyday for another 6 months. Using everyday for so long is what got me dependent. before I could rail half an 80 and not use for weeks even a months. Anyway after that 6months I tried to get on a program which led me to methadone. It was my best choice because I was at a University and was really f*ing upbefore methadone. anyways 3yrs later I graduated and tried to taper and quit but only lasted 120 or so hrs of detox. I took suboxone which I got from friends. I was on that for a year. Now im off and its been 12 days. I feel great except trying to get to bed. My left leg feels kinda funny still. Days 2-4 were the hardest for me in terms of feeling like crap. days 3-7 were the worst for sleep. I jumped off on .5mg after a very gradual taper.

What made me detox was this website. I read about people in a very similar situation and their success really energized me in a way I didnt think would be possible from just reading about others. I suggest you taper slowly and jump off. I was really afraid to jump off because of the w/d but I read about others and it didnt seem to be so bad.

I also did my detox w/o help from a doctor. Its probably recommended to have a doctor but my situation didnt allow for one. I also dont plan on going to any meetings. I went to meetings while at methadone clinic and didnt like it. I couldnt really relate much. Im only 27 and probably dont know any better, but I felt like most of the problems people had I didnt have. The only problem I had was my physical dependency to opiates. I no longer had any desire to use. If my close friend didnt start getting 80mg OC's for $20 six years ago I wouldnt be in this pickle.

Anyways I think you should read my posts or find a more similar situation to yours and read about their success in quitting. It really really helped me. GGOD LUCK!!!