Notices

Weed cookies

Old 03-10-2009, 01:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weed cookies

Anyone that can share about people that make cookies with weed somehow with the extracting oils......what exactly is it, THC? This aquaintance does this frequently, and says it is so much more powerful than smoking. Well when ingested (only about less than a quarter of the cookie) someone got very sick with hallucinations, that came in floods, and could only hear what was going on around them. Also, very paranoid.
I am not attracted to this in any way, however was concerned about the person that became ill.
It was a good example of what I did not want in my life, but am trying to piece together what really happened....so I am aware. I think I was in the wrong place obviously at the wrong time. The people there seemed to think it was all normal. ..and great to eat these ! I was just along for a ride, and did not know what I was going to be around.
Needless to say, I won't be going back to visit. LOL
Old 03-10-2009, 01:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've ate some dope cookies plenty, but this one time I did. It felt like I'd taken major lsd.
go figure?
Old 03-10-2009, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

why is it so much more potent than smoking? This person was dog sick.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Weed is more potent when digested. It takes longer to 'come up' but when it hits, it's very intense and euphoric. THC sticks to fat cells.. so I wonder if that and the whole digestion process has anything to do with it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Emmer congrats on your clean date.......hang on and stay on the path.
idontwanttodie, sticks to fat cells,,,,,,,interesting. I will have to do more research on that out of curiosity. It is a good thing I have never had an itch to do drugs, I have seen many close struggle with addictions, and am thankful.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Retired Pro Drunk

Fat cells...
Yes, one thing I learned in my "research" is that the active ingredient is fat soluable, not water soluable. This is the main reason it's detectable in UAs as long as 60 days past use.

And the thing with cooking foods with grass too is that different recipies can use different amounts of the stuff. It's also possible that the batch they used was laced with something else.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

THC is extracted by cooking the weed in butter. This leads to an extremely high concentration of thc. The herbs are discarded leaving only the butter. With the strength of todays pot you can imagine how potent the canna-butter is.
It is not uncommon at all to feel like you are on LSD when you eat even a 1/4 of a cookie.
I've seen people get sick from high concentrations of thc when they are not used to it.
Not to mention, as someone else pointed out, it could have been laced with something else as well.
I'd imagine that pot would lead me back into relapsing, so I plan on staying away from that stuff too.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

lol, the only time I ate weed cookies was lunch time at school, just before my final assembly. It was seriously f*cked up! Getting that level of paranoia in a school hall with 1200 other people - I wouldn't recommend it!
Old 03-10-2009, 03:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Friend

I went to College in VT and smoked my fair share -- heck, probably all of SRs fair share --- of dope in my time. (not bragging - I've got many mediocre grades and sloppy lbs to show for it!) Anyways, just sayin', my tolerance was up there. Went to Jamaica on my Senior year spring break (to an area where no one spoke english and the site of 'whiteys' caused a commotion everywhere we went!) Def. got cultured...paid some fisherman $8/day to drive us around the countryside...paved roads are a myth there, and I saw maryjane fields that would blow anyones mind!...prolly not the safest idea in hindsight, but wow, WHAT an experience. Only place I've ever seen signs reading 'no ganja smoking at the table, please!'

Unfortuantely, my b/f at the time missed out on the last 1/2 of the trip. We paid our new friends about $12 US for an 'oversized kitchen trash bag full of weed' -- that was the big joke and the ongoing theme the whole trip b/c we heard we could get a ton for dirt cheap--- and did we ever. I know up until now this story seems inappropriate but here's the moral....

Our buddies cooked us up a batch of brownies - i believe using the 'butter extraction' mentioned above. Now this is very natural stuff, grown outside, not too potent -- and we went to school w/a bunch of hippie scientist wannabes so we'd tried some gnarly stuff and my b/f and my tolerance was probably high enough to kill a horse (wake n bake, if you will)---but I digress....

One brown...ONE each. Apparently, as was mentioned, THC concentration goes way up when heated and the butter is incredibly potent, even w/high tolerance. We laid down on the couch and were GLUED for 8 hrs straight...could not move, could not see straight...thought I was having a heart attack, had no clue where I was...worst feeling I would NEVER want to repeat....worse than any bad acid trip. My b/f finally crawled his way to the bathroom, stood up to look in the mirror --- blacked out, fell, banged his head on the sink, blood gushing, broken nose, concussion to boot.

Goes to show, tolerance doesn't mean much. You switch 'strand' or type of pill, bag etc...switch your source, switch your method of intake, whatever...you never know what fix or consequence might land you in the ER or 6 ft under. Nothing is ever a given and it's so much better to just STAY away, ugh.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Friend

uh

Last edited by Shellslove; 03-10-2009 at 04:10 PM. Reason: I stink at editing
Old 03-10-2009, 04:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Friend

Originally Posted by Shellslove View Post
One brown...ONE each.
*by which I clearly mean brownie
Old 03-10-2009, 04:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This post is EXACTLY why many states are slowly legalizing MEDICAL marijuana, for cancer patients, MS victims, and severe chronic pain patients. There's a prescription drug called Marinol, which is a synthetic form of THC. As someone who's dealt with severe rheumatoid arthritis for 20+ years, I can tell you that pain mgmt. doctors stay away from it, because it has nasty psychedelic effects, with little pain relief. Marinol works great for chemo patients with bad nausea, but that's it.

What little LEGIT research has shown that the native plant has cannabinoid compounds that moderate the "psych" effects, while providing pain relief. Yet, there's a tremendous amount of ANECDOTAL, non-scientific evidence that shows that smoking marijuana DOES provide pain relief, without the physical dependency issues that plague opiates. Just about everyone on this forum knows that you can smoke a joint today, then not touch one for months/years, and have NO cravings for it, or withdrawal effects.

NOTE: I'm not making excuses for those who abuse said substances, but if there's something out there that will provide pain relief without the addiction/dependency issues of opiates, then we deserve further, scientific research.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

If I was a pot head, I would be running to my neighborhood supermarket. Buying five pounds of butter, Betty Crocker Brownie mix. Right about now.:wtf2
Old 03-10-2009, 04:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

i don't know about where ya'll live, but here ? Buying a bag of weed = crystal meth in your system too.

Makes it, super duper addictive.
Dealers could care less, who they screw over.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
If I was a pot head, I would be running to my neighborhood supermarket. Buying five pounds of butter, Betty Crocker Brownie mix. Right about now.:wtf2
I'm right with ya, Ivan. Sometimes I wonder what people are thinking when they post here.
In old AA, they called some of the above "war stories". Still do in some places.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Pot, meh, I can take it or leave it. I choose to leave it cuz I don't need to be any more stupider.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by emmer View Post
i don't know about where ya'll live, but here ? Buying a bag of weed = crystal meth in your system too.

Makes it, super duper addictive.
Dealers could care less, who they screw over.
Very true. Dealers will doctor their product anyway possible to make it weigh more, appear more attractive etc... They do not care about the user, they care about profit.
I have heard of dealers spraying WD-40, using urine(brings out the stickyness and smell), actually crushing glass and putting it on the pot to give it the appearance of high crystalline content.
While I feel pot to be the lowest drug on the ladder of abused substances, it still comes with an unknown danger. I do believe it is also a gateway drug. For a recovering addict, it is best left alone.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:39 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Friend

My bad - I was just trying to point out that at one time, pot had taken over a big part of my life (and turned me into a lazy, non-motivated bum) meaning I was for all intents and purposes 'hooked'-- Even still, just a little bit, introduced to the system in a different way - as in the above mentioned story- was an awful experience I'd never want to revisit (which I did make quite clear) and my xabf has the facial scars to prove it. Also, to illustrate the importance of being cautious in that tolerance doesn't mean much (a good warning in my book, considering many who overdose either 'score something bad/dirty' or have been through self induce /mandated short term detoxes, 'go back out there', and expect to be able to handle what they did before.)

The Jamaica trip was just a fun experience - take or leave the dope. We all talk about those here, and when they fit the 'parameters' and likings of the 'regular' posters here- they are greeted with much 'thanks.' Anyway, sorry if I offended or triggered anyone - such was not my intention - neither was telling my 'war story' - more of a cautionary tale and evidence of why soberity has changed my life for the better...but hey, maybe that's not acceptable unless it's in the terms that the old timers prefer?
Old 03-11-2009, 11:29 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

lol@paraquat
Old 03-11-2009, 12:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Friend

eh - weed killa?